Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-21-2013, 02:30 PM   #1
joindy

My Passport 250 plastic parts falling apart

I have a 2009 Passport 250BH. I really like the unit, but frustrated that have non-critical plastic items falling off or breaking. The power cord cover...with is circular and you pull it open to access the shore power and close it when cord stored inside....has broken off. The rear stabilizer jack button.....on rear right hand side, has broken off the piece which you turn to lock, and on last trip, the kitchen stove vent cover...which you close on the outside with 2 small knobs....to lock it closed....fell off somewhere when trailering.
Can these replacement parts be purchased and installed by me, or have others come up with better way to repair, replace.?

I will also post this question in separate forum, but when I am connected to city water at campground, is my fresh water tank bypassed...or does city water go thru my fresh water tank. The reason I want to know is if find water in fresh water tank does not taste well....maybe been sitting in there for awhile....if I connect to city will it bypass and assuming have good water source..taste fine.
joindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 03:28 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

joindy -

If you are the least bit handy, you should be able to repair and/or replace the items that you mentioned. The fixes are pretty straight forward and fairly simple to do. If you go to the Repairs and Maintenance section of the forum, there is a sticky that has a comprehensive list of sites that you can visit to look for suppliers and parts of RV "stuff". I'd check that out so that you have an idea of what is available - either online or by shopping directly at the retailer.

When you are hooked up to city water, your FW tank is bypassed - otherwise you would end up with either a full or overflowing tank. There is a check valve in the system that prevents city water from entering the tank.

Try adding some bleach to the FW tank, fill it up and let it sit for a day or two. Drain and refill. Check the smell and sample with a very small taste. If it still tastes "funny" or smells of chlorine, repeat the process.

You also might want to check into purchasing a good water filter for your FW system.