Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 10-16-2013, 06:44 PM   #1
Wagenman

Frustrated owner.....!!!

Well I have been a Keystone RV owner now for almost a week.. and have had more problems already then I did in 4 years with my old Heartland.. I really hope this isn't indicative of what is to come with owning this coach..
The day we were picking it up from the dealer, during my walk through, the rear AC would not shut off.. it was apparently wired in to a continues hot feed.. they tore that all out while I went and got lunch.. Then I come back to find out they were testing the Generator, and the fuel pump went out of it.. they have had enough issues with those that they had that pump in stock, and swapped it out, no problem..
Then during my walk through.. I noticed some tearing in some of the fabric, the screen in the bedroom was missing, and a huge stain in the bedroom carpet..
THAT WAS ALL BEFORE EVEN STAYING ONE NIGHT IN MY NEW CAMPER..
Last night I stayed the first night in it.. we had some light rain last night.. and as I was packing up to head home.. I stepped in a puddle of water in the bedroom, right under the wardrobe slide.. AWESOME...
So here we go.. water problems already....
I called the dealer and they are willing to fix it of course.. but I was nervous buying something other then a Heartland, and I really hope I don't regret it..
I know I am new to this forum.. but I just had to vent a little bit..
Thanks for letting me..
Mike W...(wagenman)

Previous Rv's
1999 Fleetwood Terry 273
2009 Heartland Sundance 2998RB
Wagenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 09:12 PM   #2
Brebre

Frustrated isn't even harsh enough

We have had our Fuzion for a year. Where the RV is nice, we have had several problem and its spent a lot of time in the repair shop. They usually get it fixed after a few trips.
Right now, my problems are bigger than I know what to do about. My bedroom slide that was just in for repairs right before my husband brought it to a campground for me to staying while he is on a military deployment for 9 months, is still leaking and I have a plastic fitting under my 1/2 bathroom sick cracked and it is leaking.
My predicament is that I have a health condition and cannot pull it over a hundred miles to stay in the repair shop in the repair sop for several weeks, again. After just getting it back for the same issue, I feel that Keystone should send someone to where I am to fix this issue.
I realize that the Sailors and Service Act doesn't cover this but there has tone a solution before it is ruined.
Brebre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 11:35 AM   #3
Wagenman

Brebre I wish I was closer to you.. I would offer to help by fixing what I could or at least offering to tow you in for service.. I would be willing to bet there are fellow owners in here that are close to you that would offer the same, if it's something you are interested in...

Previous Rv's
1999 Fleetwood Terry 273
2009 Heartland Sundance 2998RB
Wagenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 04:25 PM   #4
hankaye

Wagenman, Howdy;

Don't really know how to reply to your dilemma.
If you are truly dissatisfied with your purchase you
could claim "Buyer's Remorse", demand your money
back and go find something else that suits you better...
But then you would be passing the problems along to
someone that may not be as savvy as yourself. Or... become
as much a pain in the butt to the warranty department,
about the problems you are having with the deficiencies,
make them right the wrongs (warranty period of one year),
and have an RV anyone would be happy camping in and have little
worry about future repairs as you've already had them resolved.
Two paths, your choice...

hankaye

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote