Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 01-31-2012, 05:15 PM   #1
Amyeyeteck

Raptor 361lev toy door

We purchased our unit June of 2009. We have had minor issues until now. The toy door has obviously developed a leak somewhere either in a seal or around the unsealed screws of the door. Last summer we noticed it weak when we put our golf cart in the garage as the door bowed scarily! We changed the bolts to stainless steel. They were wet when we changed them and some were showing signs of rust. The plywood in the door is now rotten. We purchased an extended warranty but they tell me this isn't covered! Anyone else have this problem?
Amyeyeteck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 03:14 AM   #2
dave-g

The day I bought my toy hauler- the dealer gave me a $100 store credit, I added a 3m stick on gutter above the rear door. I installed it before it left the dealer lot, while they fixed one or two punch list items. My sales man thought i was nuts, the service manager said " great idea most used toy haulers have a rotted floor in the back"

This is a common problem, but at 3 years old seems to soon.
KTM 300 xc-sold
ktm 450 exc-r
dave-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:08 AM   #3
Amyeyeteck

Mine is not a rotted floor. It is the door. In the middle of the toy door the black rubber stuff you walk or drive on began to have a crease or light buckle to it. Then we noticed the door begin to bow under our weight. Visually it looks perfect from the outside. Going to be a headache for sure. The door itself is close to 1200.00 not including seals, shipping, etc
I would love to argue this with keystone as 3 yrs is way too soon to have this problem but not sure where to begin other than a phone call
Old 02-03-2012, 09:25 AM   #4
JoeofNSB

I would personally look into replacing the wood on the door yourself. I have done that on trailers, especially car haulers, in the past. I have always used a marine grade plywood and taken the time to treat it additionally so that wood rot issue is a thing of the past. Yes, it's a lot of work, but if the new door is like the old door and made of "chip board" then I think the same thing will ahppen in the future. Just my 2 cents, maybe 3 this time!!!

Joe & Terri
2005 Raptor 3612DS ToyHauler "the Pearl"
2001 Ford F550 4X4 (or is that 4X6!!) 7.3L Crew Cab - "Jack Sparrow"
2010 Victory CrossCountry
2012 Bushtec Spartan trailer (behind Victory)
2006 Suzuki DR650
Trek EX8 Mountain Bike
Trek 7100 Hybrid
48" Penny Farthing Bike
Haro Sonix International Mountain Bike
Haro Sanford Road Bike with a B.O.B Trailer
JoeofNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 01:44 PM   #5
luckyguy

I have a 09 Raptor 3712 that I just noticed that when it is open it bends alot about 6 inches up from the bottom of the ramp ( by the springs). With the door in the up position I pressed around on the fiberglass sheeting and found it to be soft and spongy. Needless to say I am very annoyed to say the least. Being a fairly handy person I think that I can build a better door. I just think that 3 years old is too soon for the ramp to rot out.
luckyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:46 AM   #6
Amyeyeteck

We bought a new door. Tried to gently take the old one apart however the glue made that impossible. We were shocked to find the rot was at the bottom, came up about 24" from the bottom center. The camper had been in a barn since November, we brought it home and took the door apart and it was still wet! 4 and 1/2 mos in a barn that did not leak and it was still wet! All the bolts that were still factory were rusted. New door has been caulked, sealed at every bolt, seam and screw. Even considering rolling that black stuff you put in a truck bed on the black part we drives the golf cart on to load. I took lots of pics. If you're soft now you have the same symptoms I did. We wouldn't have made it thru one load this year. It would have broke thru. Good luck. I plan on starting a claim with keystone!