Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-09-2011, 01:57 PM   #1
mrxlh

Raptor 4014 dual fuel tanks FYI..

FYI for any other owners out there, if your genset "acts" like it runs out of fuel trace out your fuel station and gen tank feed lines. Our Fuel station is wired to the genset fuel gauge in the RV. The genset fuel gauge, is wired to the fuel station panel. The tanks were mislabled by the dealer.

No big deal, except when I thought I was adding fuel from the fuel station to the genset tank, I was actually refilling the fuel station tank. So out came the tools thiking that the tank ran completely empty and sucked up trash in the fuel filter stopping it up, as the gen would fire and die, like it was not catching prime. Finally crawled under the rv and slapped the tanks and figured out which one was empty and which one had fuel in it.

Fortunately I am a mechanic by trade, and have tools with me every where I go, but for those who are not, I can see why people get fustrated.

2008 Ford F350 CC LWB Dually
2011 Raptor 4014LEV
2006 H-D FLHX
2010 Honda Rancher 420ES
mrxlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 12:57 PM   #2
SAABDOCTOR

HI THIS REMINDS ME OF MY FIRST MONTANA. THE WASTE VALVES WERE LABLED WITH DUCT TAPE.... ODD? YES IT WAS NEW WAS FLUSHING MY GREY TANK HAD THE WASTE HOSE OUT IN THE DRIVEWAY PULLED THE LABBLED GREY TANK OOPS A S^#T SUNAMI. JUST GREAT. I AM AMECHANIC TOO BY TRADE ID MUCH RATHER SMELL GAS THAN POOP! HOPE THIS STORY BRIGHTENS YOUR DAY! HAPPY CAMPIN
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 08:44 AM   #3
sptrucksbyed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxlh View Post
FYI for any other owners out there, if your genset "acts" like it runs out of fuel trace out your fuel station and gen tank feed lines. Our Fuel station is wired to the genset fuel gauge in the RV. The genset fuel gauge, is wired to the fuel station panel. The tanks were mislabled by the dealer.

No big deal, except when I thought I was adding fuel from the fuel station to the genset tank, I was actually refilling the fuel station tank. So out came the tools thiking that the tank ran completely empty and sucked up trash in the fuel filter stopping it up, as the gen would fire and die, like it was not catching prime. Finally crawled under the rv and slapped the tanks and figured out which one was empty and which one had fuel in it.

Fortunately I am a mechanic by trade, and have tools with me every where I go, but for those who are not, I can see why people get fustrated.

We had the same problem but noticed it before we out in the middle of the desert and run out of gas for the generator. Dealer repaired the problem.
sptrucksbyed is offline   Reply With Quote