Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Old 08-01-2022, 02:44 PM   #21
440scout

Check out the Stromberg Carlson CC-255 on amazon or maybe etrailer. Its what I've been using for a couple years very successfully. Installation requires no drilling or welding, everything clamps and bolts onto the frame. Your generator will have to be bolted onto the platform to keep it secured. You can still get to your propane tanks but you'll have to use a vinyl cover for them instead of the hard plastic cover. Also a canvas type cover is available but once the generator is in place, you won't have to lift it to use it. Just plug your camper into it and fire it up. Yes it will add tongue weight.
440scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 12:07 PM   #22
Bandit12

Quote:
Originally Posted by markcee View Post
How about this HF pickup bed 'crane'. Looks like it would still be useable with the topper.

https://www.harborfreight.com/12-ton...t=60732&store=
That looks like something I'd like to try, but I already have a set of Undercover Swing Cases mounted in the back of the bed on each side. I bought a pair of TriFold ramps from Harbor Freight and with the big wheel kit on my Predator 3500, I can roll it up into the bed. It's a bit difficult to get it started up the ramps, but still a heck of a lot easier than trying to lift the generator to tailgate height. For local trips, I have a tray that goes in the received hitch on the back of the Cougar. Then I only have to lift it about 2 feet off the ground to load it.
Bandit12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, generator