Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-03-2019, 04:26 PM   #1
Eastham

Black tank flush anti siphon valve

I have a 2016 cougar tt and have looked every place for this valve if it is behind the shower. is the access to it by taking the shower control off there is no other way to get behind the shower. Or is it possible that the 2016 didn't have them? It's not leaking yet just would like to know where it is if it ever became a problem. Thanks in advance for your time.
Eastham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 05:02 PM   #2
Snoking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastham View Post
I have a 2016 cougar tt and have looked every place for this valve if it is behind the shower. is the access to it by taking the shower control off there is no other way to get behind the shower. Or is it possible that the 2016 didn't have them? It's not leaking yet just would like to know where it is if it ever became a problem. Thanks in advance for your time.
It the hose connection high on the outside wall. My friends new new Cougar has the connection 4' or so off the ground. I speculate that they did that so they di not need the troublesome valve. Chris
Old 09-03-2019, 05:15 PM   #3
Eastham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoking View Post
It the hose connection high on the outside wall. My friends new new Cougar has the connection 4' or so off the ground. I speculate that they did that so they di not need the troublesome valve. Chris
Yes it is on the outside wall about 4 ft up.thanks for the info
Old 09-03-2019, 05:29 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

Even with the connection for the black tank flush system "high up on the trailer sidewall" you probably still have an anti-siphon valve. Most in 2015 and 2016 were under the vanity, high up, near the connectors for the vanity faucet.

To confirm if it's there, open the vanity door and count the 1/2" PEX lines under the sink. If there's two, the anti-siphon valve is not there. If there are four PEX lines, then two are hot/cold water and connected to the faucet. The other two are the black tank flush system, one coming from the sidewall connector and the other going to the nozzle in the black tank.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 02:57 AM   #5
Eastham

Only two hoses .not under kitchen sink either. I have been under both with a mirror and a flashlight.
Old 09-04-2019, 03:33 AM   #6
chuckster57
Site Team

Hook up a hose and then listen. It will “hum” when waters running through it. If the shower faucet is mounted to a rectangular piece held on by screws, odds are it’s behind that.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 04:20 AM   #7
Snoking

Quote:
Yes it is on the outside wall about 4 ft up.thanks for the info
A call to Keystone and ask for the Cougar product manager would give you an answer. Chris
Old 09-04-2019, 05:37 AM   #8
JRTJH
Site Team

Eastham,

I'm not sure what floorplan you have, In post #9 in this thread: http://www.keystoneforums.com/forums...ad.php?t=37944 you state that you have a 27RKS. In this thread, you state (only in the title) that it's a 26RKS. You do not have any information in your profile that indicates which trailer you own, so almost any guidance is, at best, a guess. As for the two, 27RKS and 26RKS, one is a fifth wheel, one is a travel trailer and they are not even close to the same.

On my 2014 27RKS, the anti-siphon valve is located under the bathroom vanity.

If you could update your profile or better clarify which trailer floorplan and which model you are asking about, it would help significantly.

Thanks

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 09-04-2019, 07:24 AM   #9
Eastham

John where did I say it was a 26rks I happen to know the difference in a travel trailer and a fifth wheel so after 50 years of rving if you are trying to make me feel stupid you have failed.thanks you wont hear from me again.
Old 09-04-2019, 07:57 AM   #10
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
John where did I say it was a 26rks I happen to know the difference in a travel trailer and a fifth wheel so after 50 years of rving if you are trying to make me feel stupid you have failed.thanks you wont hear from me again.
I'm sorry you feel that way. I "went searching through the 208 posts you've made on this forum (in your profile statistics) looking to find the model number of your trailer so I could try to help you. I'd consider that effort (about 45 minutes of my time) above the norm for trying to help you. It would be significantly easier to help if you updated your profile to include what brand, model and year trailer you have. There are spaces for that information, all you'd have to do is fill in the blanks.

In my research, the only two trailer models that you listed are the 26RKS and the 27RKS. I "mis-spoke" when I said that the 26RKS was referenced in this thread. It was in a comment you made n June 11, 2019, not in this thread. Anyway, the fact remains, that NOWHERE do you state which you own, so even using one of those two is a "guess" as to whether either is what you're asking for guidance.

I'm NOT trying to make you "feel stupid" I'm trying to get some information on just what trailer you're asking for help with. You have NOT shared information on what you own, what floorplan you're asking about or filled out your profile to include any information about your trailer. So, if you "feel stupid" it's not my intention for that to happen with what I've asked you to share. We (I think I speak for the entire forum) are happy to help you with any problem, but we can ONLY help you if you provide the needed data about your trailer so we can give you accurate information.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 09-04-2019, 08:19 AM   #11
Eastham

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
Hook up a hose and then listen. It will “hum” when waters running through it. If the shower faucet is mounted to a rectangular piece held on by screws, odds are it’s behind that.
Thanks Chuckster
I will give that a try
Old 09-04-2019, 08:37 AM   #12
travelin texans

Quote:
With remarks like this it'll be VERY difficult for some of us, if not all, to step up & offer help!
Have a nice day! Sorry to see you go!
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 09:14 AM   #13
terrythetech

On my Cougar, it is under the bathroom sink.
terrythetech is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black tank, tank