Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 04-29-2017, 02:49 PM   #1
Kemp716

Husky Centerline WD hitch?

I have a question for anyone using the Husky Centerline WD hitch. After years without one, earlier this year I bought a TT, a Passport 2400BHWE. After finding that my F-150 was too close for comfort on its cargo capacity, I upgraded to a Dodge 2500 HD 6.4. So, I thought this would also be a good time to upgrade my WD hitch. While researching old posts on another forum, I saw several comments from years ago where several people mentioned having parts brake on their Husky Centerline WD hitches. These comments were made in 2009 and I believe the Husky Centerline as a new product then. So, my question is. Do people still have issues with this hitch or has Husky worked through the problems? Everything else I read was positive and I’m hoping they have refined it over the years.
Kemp716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 06:02 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Welcome to the forum! I'm just a stones throw away. We don't sell Husky where I work so I can't comment on any ongoing or previous issues. I can say I haven't seen any customers come in with broken hitches.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 10:19 PM   #3
CaptnJohn

A few people own them, most seem to have the Equalizer 4 point with sway control...

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 11:33 AM   #4
linux3

I have the Husky Centerline TS system. So far all is well.
OK, OK, I think I'm pulling around 4500 lbs and only 5 trips so far but the hitch is not real noisy and it's doing a great job at sway control.

But then I have nothing to compare it with. The long time in business RV dealer I bought my TT from suggested it and I have to trust their judgement.
2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71 6.2L
linux3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 01:18 PM   #5
sourdough
Site Team

I use the Equalizer. When I bought my trailer they were going to
"throw in" a wdh hitch. It was a Husky of some kind (don't recall). I did some research and told them I wanted the Equalizer. Later talked to the service manager and he told me HE would recommend the Equalizer but he wasn't in sales and THEY tried to push the Husky as the "free one". Don't know how it is today, that was over 3 years ago.

Your new truck shows to be a Ram 2500 HD w/6.4. I have the same in 4x4 (you didn't state). I had used the Equalizer on my previous truck but the regular shank would not fit the added height of the 2500 4x4 so had to buy an extended shank so keep that in mind. Don't know if Husky offers that or not.

Also, some complain about noise. If you put the pads on the sway bar brackets and lube the head as the instructions say it is not an issue.

Add: Our trailer is 10k gvw.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 04:18 PM   #6
Double b

We have the husky centreline TS for over a year now. I have not had any issue so far. Not noisy or difficult to set. Never had any issues with sway.

As to breakage of any part. Nope none.

We purchased this unit due to price. Out of what was available at local dealers this seamed the best for what my budget allowed for. Just over 350.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Double b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 04:12 PM   #7
Kemp716

Thanks everyone.

2016 Passport 2400BHWE
2017 Ram 2500 HD 6.4 4x4
Kemp716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 05:54 PM   #8
LarrySharon

Location: Rainier, Oregon but my heart is still in Arizona and my wife's heart is in Oregon.
I also have a Husky Centerline. It is the only one I ever have used and I am very satisfied with it. There may be better, there may be worse I am sure but happy with mine and would buy it again. I tow with a 2007 Tundra and have a TT with gross weight of about 8600 lbs.

Larry/Sharon Ellison
U.S. Navy Retired
Retired from Armstrong World Industries
Retired Period, But Not From Life
2007 Toyota Tundra
2017 Keystone Hideout 22KBSWE
LarrySharon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hitch