Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 02-09-2017, 04:36 PM   #1
geobet

Maxair vent

My HC310RE has a Maxair with rain guard - lid closes when raining I guess - haven't used it in the rain yet. Question is, I installed a vent cover on my bath vent so I could leave it open when trailer is idle between trips so air can circulate, etc. Should I also put a cover on the Maxair with the rain guard feature? Don't know that I trust the technology in that thing yet and would like to open both my vents to further circulate air and not worry about the thing failing and I come back to a swimming pool inside my High Country.

Love the smell of fresh coffee & diesel in the morning!
geobet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 04:47 PM   #2
bg71361

Read further down in the instructions where they talk about the buttons on the fan not remote.

http://www.airxcel.com/docs/default-...s.pdf?sfvrsn=5

Model 4500/4540 only
Press this key to turn the Rain Sensor OFF. This will deactivate the Rain Sensor. The red LED will light to indicate that the Rain Sensor is deactivated. Use caution when deactivating the Rain Sensor as rain could enter your Caravan. If the Rain Sensor circuit detects rain, it will turn off the fan and close the lid. The red LED will blink to indicate that the Rain Sensor has shut the fan off. Press the Rain Sensor key again to reset the fan and extinguish the blinking LED. Note: CAUTION: the Rain Sensor will not close the MAXXFAN lid if the lid is opened manually with the knob.
bg71361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 04:54 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

I think it really comes down to the uncertainty with the fan that you have right now. Once you use it a few weeks, see how it works (or doesn't work) and gain experience, the trust (or mistrust) will grow and you'll either become more comfortable with using it or you'll be like the rest of us and just close your vents when you leave if it looks like rain......

That said, I don't know of any vent covers that would work for your vent and still allow the rain sensor to operate, so it's either put on a vent cover (if you can find one that fits properly) and revert to "old technology" or use the system as designed.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent