Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 09-12-2013, 04:33 AM   #1
owdeea

Smile Help with Furnace Ducting

Good Morning,
I have a 2008 Keystone Montana 3400RL. We have been cleaning up the Montana and we were checking out the Furnace ducting. I noticed that the ducting has some wear and tear. I need to know where I can get the small ducting. From the look of the hose, we have a 4" and 2 2" hoses. The 4" are easy to come by but the 2" are not. Can I only buy this 2" from Keystone. I called our area Montana dealer and they acted like they did know that the Montana had a 2" Ducting.
Thank you if anyone can help me out.
owdeea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 06:20 AM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

Welcome to the forum ...... You might try a local auto parts store. Older model cars used it in several ways. If not, McMaster Carr has a few different types. Hope this helps, Hank ..... Their "Bend and stay" seems to be the most reasonable and should work well.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 04:43 AM   #3
geo

Try Home Depot or Lowe's. When I was working in the Alpine's underbelly, I had to replace some ducting. The 4" insulated is in the heating ducts, and right next to it is the flexible aluminum ducting for dryer, etc.

Ron
Diesel 4x4, DRW, LB, CC
Comfort Ride Hitch
geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 04:58 AM   #4
owdeea

Thank both of you for the information. We are tying to get the heat fixed before the weather starts getting too cold. We have had a mouse problem and have been cleaning everything up and need to replace those 2" inch lines. This ended up being a bigger problem then what I thought it was going to be.
If the Auto Store does not have them, I will check Home Depot and/or Lowe's.
Thank you again.
owdeea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 07:18 AM   #5
gammb

Duct Access

While repairing one problem, found another in our 2005 Raptor RP3311. The 4" flex-duct for the MBR furnace grills has a large hole right where it goes into the cavaty beneath the stairs.
I removed the four screws for the forward panel of the "stairs-box" in the basement, but the panel is still connected to something.

I presume that panel must be removed to get to both ends of the flexi-duct so it can be replaced, but secret for removing that panel evades me.
Thanks for any help.