Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > Forum Admin, News & Member Account Info
Click Here to Login

Old 09-18-2020, 11:22 AM   #1
Folkie

Mobile Edition of the Forum for use on cell phones

A little off topic but where does one find the mobile version of the forum?
Old 09-18-2020, 01:30 PM   #2
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHaven View Post
Everything I've posted today has been from the mobile version, so if that's what you're reading, my guess is that the mobile version doesn't post the signature any more than it displays them.

I am going to have to call a moderator in on this issue. BAD BAD BAD. I can't imagine looking at a forum on my phone. About the only thing I can read on my phone these days is the TIME without my cheaters.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 05:42 PM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
I am going to have to call a moderator in on this issue. BAD BAD BAD. I can't imagine looking at a forum on my phone. About the only thing I can read on my phone these days is the TIME without my cheaters.
He’s probably talking about Tap-a-talk. I use my iPhone 6S+ during the week and my laptop in the garage on the weekends. I do use my “cheaters” too!

I gave up using Tap-a-talk, I use Safari on my phone and first thing scroll to the bottom and click on the “full website” option.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 05:53 PM   #4
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Folkie View Post
A little off topic but where does one find the mobile version of the forum?
On a smartphone. The forum automatically presents a mobile version unless you tell it not to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
I can't imagine looking at a forum on my phone. About the only thing I can read on my phone these days is the TIME without my cheaters.
Well, it's something for the navigator to do when the driver is raiding supermarkets. The laptop doesn't have cellular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
He’s probably talking about Tap-a-talk. I use my iPhone 6S+ during the week... I use Safari on my phone and first thing scroll to the bottom and click on the “full website” option.
No, I use Safari too, and the actual web-based mobile version is apparently missing a lot of details the desktop version has. A few times I have had to switch to the desktop version on my phone in order to get to an option that just isn't otherwise available, and if you think the type is small on the mobile version, the desktop version is about a quarter the size of that, so I don't use it as a default. I change back as soon as possible.
Old 09-18-2020, 07:19 PM   #5
Folkie

@LHaven Thanks, didn't think there was a special app.
Old 09-18-2020, 07:56 PM   #6
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
He’s probably talking about Tap-a-talk. I use my iPhone 6S+ during the week and my laptop in the garage on the weekends. I do use my “cheaters” too!

I gave up using Tap-a-talk, I use Safari on my phone and first thing scroll to the bottom and click on the “full website” option.
X2
I think the mobile version stinks. I view the regular version on iPhone just fine.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 08:13 PM   #7
hankpage
Site Team

I use Fire-Fox and Chrome on all my equipment. The forum appears the same on all, desktop, laptop, tablet or phone. Having to expand the screen on the phone so that my fat little fingers don't select the wrong line from a drop down menu is why the stylus was invented. I don't leave home without one. (actually I do, I just bought a bunch online and leave them all over the place.) If I was more comfortable with my feminine side I would have the cute little pink one that the DW has dangling from her phone case. But that is a topic for another thread in Campfire Chatter.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 09:08 PM   #8
travelin texans

I Google website, log in, then on my android phone there's 3 little dots in the upper right corner click & drop down to "Desktop site", this has worked to several years with no problems.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 02:56 AM   #9
Beernutzbob

How do you switch back from the desktop version to the mobile version that was first shown when I created my account?

I can't get search to work properly with Android Chrome using the desktop version as the search dialog dissappears when I start typing in it.
Beernutzbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 03:41 AM   #10
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beernutzbob View Post
How do you switch back from the desktop version to the mobile version that was first shown when I created my account?

I can't get search to work properly with Android Chrome using the desktop version as the search dialog dissappears when I start typing in it.
Reverse the proceedure Travlin Texan desctibed. Go to the upper right hand corner of the screen, click on the three verical dots. That opens a vertical tool bar. Scroll down to "Desktop Site" and un-check the box.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2022, 05:17 AM   #11
Beernutzbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Reverse the proceedure Travlin Texan desctibed. Go to the upper right hand corner of the screen, click on the three verical dots. That opens a vertical tool bar. Scroll down to "Desktop Site" and un-check the box.
Thanks however I don't have the Chrome Desktop Site option selected. I believe I switched from the Mobile site using a vbulletin feature and not the Chrome option.
Old 02-20-2022, 05:54 AM   #12
LHaven

Wow. Nothing I have has "three little dots" in the corner... I do have the conventional three-line "hamburger" icon, but it doesn't contain the format switching tool.

Zip down to the very bottom margin of any forum page in any browser, and look on the left-hand side.

On the mobile layout, there is a link confusingly marked "View full site." (It should say "use desktop layout" to be unambiguous, but whatever.)

On the desktop layout there is a pulldown menu with the completely obscure legend "Keystone RV owners." (Similarly, it should say "choose screen layout" to avoid probjems just like this one.)

These are the two controls you need to use to switch between desktop and mobile layouts.
Old 02-20-2022, 07:14 AM   #13
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beernutzbob View Post
Thanks however I don't have the Chrome Desktop Site option selected. I believe I switched from the Mobile site using a vbulletin feature and not the Chrome option.
I misunderstood your original question. LHaven has given you the proper steps.
Old 02-20-2022, 07:20 AM   #14
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Wow. Nothing I have has "three little dots" in the corner... I do have the conventional three-line "hamburger" icon, but it doesn't contain the format switching tool.

Zip down to the very bottom margin of any forum page in any browser, and look on the left-hand side.

On the mobile layout, there is a link confusingly marked "View full site." (It should say "use desktop layout" to be unambiguous, but whatever.)

On the desktop layout there is a pulldown menu with the completely obscure legend "Keystone RV owners." (Similarly, it should say "choose screen layout" to avoid probjems just like this one.)

These are the two controls you need to use to switch between desktop and mobile layouts.
Wow, do those burgers come with fries 🍟 ? I've never used the hamburgler browser.
Old 02-20-2022, 07:30 AM   #15
Beernutzbob

Quote:

Thank you that's exactly what I needed! I should have tried that pulldown but the legend threw me.