Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-15-2020, 08:15 AM   #1
Kalalaubeach

Winter Storage - Home Office?

We have a new to us 2013 238ML that we purchased from the original owner about a year and a half ago. We recently moved into a smaller home which means I no longer have a room in the house for dedicated office space. I work from home. We are storing our trailer in our driveway and I had planned to put a cover on it for the winter months. However, I have been using it as my home office all summer and it has worked out beautifully. All the conveniences of home and just steps away. Plus, this will work well as a spare guest room on the rare occasion when we have overnight guests.

I will continue to keep it under power and keep it heated. I will also winterize the water system. However, given the situation I don’t see how I can put a cover on it. Especially since I’ll be in and out of it all the time and I need to be able to see out the windows and open the roof vents occasionally while I’m working. It will not fit in my garage and I don’t have one of those aluminum structures I can park it under.

We live in the Pacific Northwest and get a lot of rain in the fall and winter months. Are there any concerns, thoughts or suggestions any of you have given the situation I described? I want to be careful about leaks as well as moisture, and anything else you all can think of I should be worrying about. Thank you!
Kalalaubeach is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage, winter