Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-10-2017, 10:24 PM   #1
eoitker

What comes with our new Passport 239 ml?

Hello from St. Louis!
We will be picking up our new 239 ml in a couple of weeks. As we would like to be prepared, I have been researching and buying things that we won't be bringing over from our pop-up. My question to you knowledgeable folks is this..... What accessories SHOULD come with the new RV? For instance, will it come with a water hose, water filter, pressure regulator and sewer drain hose, etc?
I would also like to buy some roof vent covers and screen insect vent covers but I can't find the dimensions anywhere. Maybe I just need to wait and measure them myself?
Anyway, thanks in advance for you advice and assistance!
E.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
eoitker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 11:03 PM   #2
busterbrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoitker View Post
What accessories SHOULD come with the new RV? For instance, will it come with a water hose, water filter, pressure regulator and sewer drain hose, etc?
Simple answers are: no, no, no, and probably yes. The 4th item (if provided) will be a stinky slinky that'll last you about 2 trips before you'll want to invest in a more robust sewer hose. Everything, outside of what's bolted down on your coach at time of delivery, will be up to you to purchase. There are many lists on this forum (here is a recent thread discussion) and others as a guide of what you "may" need to buy. Some things are "recommended", and yet other things are "required". Everyone will have opinions on which is what. I'll get you started with my "required" items:

1. Surge protector
2. Stabilizer jack pads / leveling blocks (or 2x6 wood plank cut into 10 inch sections)
3. 50 foot drinking water hose
4. 15 foot of quality sewer hose (Camco has a few brands)
5. Cordless drill with scissor jack socket (3/4")
6. Weight distribution hitch with sway control
7. 50 amp to 30 amp dog bone
8. Small carpenter's level
9. Basic tool kit
10. 90 degree elbow for water hose
11. Water regulator
12. Pen and paper (to write down things you may think are required or essential) after your first shake down trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eoitker View Post
I would also like to buy some roof vent covers and screen insect vent covers but I can't find the dimensions anywhere. Maybe I just need to wait and measure them myself?
Roof vents on RV's are pretty standard at 14". Any of the brands will work with OEM vents. I installed a MAXXAir 2 cover and it was relatively easy and straight forward. As far appliance insect screen covers, manufacturers don't recommend them as their thinking is they reduce air flow on intakes and exhausts. In my +1000 RV storage yard, I see very few screens and vent covers applied. I live in Michigan, but YMMV.

By the way, welcome and congrats on your new Coach.
Hensley SwiftArrow Control Hitch with 1000 lb Spring Bars
Me, DW, (3) little DS's, and 1 rambunctious Boston Terrier

busterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 02:38 AM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

Only bug screen I recommend is on the furnace. Mud dawbers (paper wasps) can get in there and if they make a mud nest your furnace won't light. You have to take the furnace out and apart to clean it.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 03:17 AM   #4
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Welcome to the forum from Kansas City, MO formerly from St. Louis.
Depending on the dealer you may get a welcome kit. Mine had toilet paper, one package of drop in black tank chemicals, a fresh water hose, a water pressure reducer, a cheap sewer hose, a 30 amp to 110 adapter, and a catalog. Your power cord will cme with the unit. That's pretty much it. If your dealer gives out the Welcome Wagon basket.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 07:54 AM   #5
Buckeyexx

What comes with our new Passport 239 ml?

Congrats! I just purchased the same travel trailer a couple of months ago, you will love it.
The only thing that came with it was a terrible 5 or 10 ft. Sewage hose. You will need a new one.
My dealer gave me a $50 gift certificate to use on things I needed. Didn't go far but it helped with a couple of things we didn't have. Hopefully yours will give you the same or similar.

Sent from my iPhone
Buckeyexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 08:06 AM   #6
Buckeyexx

Forgot to mention the vent covers are just a standard 14 in. I just installed two maxxair covers myself. If yours doesn't already have a power jack put it on your short list. I don't have one yet but it's one of the next things I will be doing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-11-2017, 08:52 AM   #7
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Here's Maybe a Good Deal for You

This is a pretty good price on Maxxair II Almond vent covers, only $22.98 each without shipping. http://www.adventurerv.net/maxxair-v...source=Froogle

They have white and black also for around $30-$34 dollars. These are a pretty good investment in your new trailer.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
Old 06-11-2017, 09:20 AM   #8
B-O-B'03

amazon.com is your friend, when it comes to RV supplies and accessories.

If you have prime, they will be delivered in 2 days or less

Welcome aboard.

-Brian
Old 06-11-2017, 09:37 AM   #9
busterbrown

Walmart, too, will have many of the basic supplies you need. They do sell sewer hoses and fitting, water hoses, elbows, awning tie downs, and blank tank treatment chemicals in the RV deparment, along with everything else to stock your cabinets and fridge. A trip to the local dollar store can score you "interior" and "cooking" essentials, that won't break the bank.
Hensley SwiftArrow Control Hitch with 1000 lb Spring Bars
Me, DW, (3) little DS's, and 1 rambunctious Boston Terrier

busterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 05:28 PM   #10
Tbos

Welcome to the forum from Southern MD. Enjoy your new rig. I had a 238ML and enjoyed it. Needed extra space so we upgraded trucks and TT. Have fun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 10:36 PM   #11
eoitker

That's a lot of great information folks! I want to thank each of you for taking the time to reply.
If you can think of anything else please let me know.

Old 06-25-2017, 08:09 PM   #12
eoitker

I'm glad you did! Thanks for sharing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyexx View Post
Forgot to mention the vent covers are just a standard 14 in. I just installed two maxxair covers myself. If yours doesn't already have a power jack put it on your short list. I don't have one yet but it's one of the next things I will be doing

After a weeks vacation and 4 state parks under our belt, I can definitely say that a power jack is on top of the short list!!

Old 06-25-2017, 08:24 PM   #13
eoitker

We made it hundreds of miles, to 4 beautiful Missouri state parks and home again safety, thanks to all of your suggestions and advice. We have made quite a laundry list of things we still need but the money tree needs some time to replenish itself after purchasing the Passport. Anyway, much appreciated and we'll see you down the road!

Old 06-26-2017, 01:41 AM   #14
Tbos

Looks real nice. Glad you had a good trip. The power jack is an easy install and well worth it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 01:24 PM   #15
Buckeyexx

Nice set up! How does the Nissan do pulling it?

Old 06-26-2017, 01:40 PM   #16
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Congrats on a successful trip. What SP did you go to?

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
Old 06-26-2017, 01:42 PM   #17
eoitker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyexx View Post
Nice set up! How does the Nissan do pulling it?

The Nissan does surprisingly well towing the 239ml. We had some stress hauling across southern Missouri on the 2 lane hilly, curvy roads with no shoulders. The vegetation grows right up to the road so it was kind of nerve racking. I had white knuckles for sure but that was due to the road not the tow vehicle. The only thing the the Pathfinder lacked was power on the long steep hills. Otherwise, I kept it at 60+ and 2300 rpm the whole way. Gas milage dropped to around 11 -12 mpg though.

Old 06-26-2017, 01:48 PM   #18
Buckeyexx

Good deal. I split my pull vehicles between my grand Cherokee and Dodge Ram. The grand Cherokee actually pulls it better power wise but the truck keeps it more stable. These tt are pretty easy to tow with suv's.

Old 06-26-2017, 01:50 PM   #19
eoitker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbruce View Post
Congrats on a successful trip. What SP did you go to?

All were Missouri SPs:

Lake of the Ozarks
Pomme De Terre
Sam A. Baker
Hawn

Pomme De Terre was the best followed by Hawn then Lake of the Ozarks. Sam A. Baker was still a mess from recent flooding so we just spent the night and left the next morning. We stopped at Bennett Springs while in the area but only looked around this time. We look forward to camping there later this summer.

Old 07-17-2017, 04:46 AM   #20
Goose

Additional items

Good list. I would also suggest a couple packs of 10/15A fuses. You will blow some at some point. I have a 15' Rhino Flex sewer hose and really like it. The 90 degree elbow is also a great idea. Puts a lot less stress on your city water inlet. Also, a good outdoor mat for under your awning is a good idea. Camping World sells some good ones. Lastly, a good trailer lock for the tongue is a good idea when you're not hitched to your tow vehicle. If you end up getting a surge protector as mentioned in the list, I would definitely get a lock for it as well. Congrats on your new rig and Happy Camping!

Quote:
Originally Posted by busterbrown View Post
Simple answers are: no, no, no, and probably yes. The 4th item (if provided) will be a stinky slinky that'll last you about 2 trips before you'll want to invest in a more robust sewer hose. Everything, outside of what's bolted down on your coach at time of delivery, will be up to you to purchase. There are many lists on this forum (here is a recent thread discussion) and others as a guide of what you "may" need to buy. Some things are "recommended", and yet other things are "required". Everyone will have opinions on which is what. I'll get you started with my "required" items:

1. Surge protector
2. Stabilizer jack pads / leveling blocks (or 2x6 wood plank cut into 10 inch sections)
3. 50 foot drinking water hose
4. 15 foot of quality sewer hose (Camco has a few brands)
5. Cordless drill with scissor jack socket (3/4")
6. Weight distribution hitch with sway control
7. 50 amp to 30 amp dog bone
8. Small carpenter's level
9. Basic tool kit
10. 90 degree elbow for water hose
11. Water regulator
12. Pen and paper (to write down things you may think are required or essential) after your first shake down trip.

Roof vents on RV's are pretty standard at 14". Any of the brands will work with OEM vents. I installed a MAXXAir 2 cover and it was relatively easy and straight forward. As far appliance insect screen covers, manufacturers don't recommend them as their thinking is they reduce air flow on intakes and exhausts. In my +1000 RV storage yard, I see very few screens and vent covers applied. I live in Michigan, but YMMV.

By the way, welcome and congrats on your new Coach.
Goose is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
passport