Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-05-2020, 08:30 AM   #21
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwake901 View Post
Mine is advertised as a 66 gallon tank and it only holds 40 gallons. Yes they include the water heater, water lines and probably the water in the drain traps. Believe me I was not happy when I found this out and I let Keystone and my dealer know about it too. This is my one and only Keystone product and it’s 100 percent because of this misrepresentation of their products.
Just curious about two things. Where did you see the fresh water capacity as being the capacity of the tank, and how did you determine that will only hold 40 gallons?
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 11:03 AM   #22
Rwake901

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
Just curious about two things. Where did you see the fresh water capacity as being the capacity of the tank, and how did you determine that will only hold 40 gallons?
The Brochure that I have for the 5th wheel says 66 gallons. Plus when you check the specs on their website it says 66 gallons. I leveled the camper drained the tank completely and using 2 different water meters filled the tank until it came out of the overflow. Both meters showed 40 gallons.
Rwake901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 12:48 PM   #23
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwake901 View Post
The Brochure that I have for the 5th wheel says 66 gallons. Plus when you check the specs on their website it says 40 gallons. I leveled the camper drained the tank completely and using 2 different water meters filled the tank until it came out of the overflow. Both meters showed 40 gallons.
Looking at the Keystone website it lists "Fresh water" and doesn't say tank. I haven't looked at all the small print to see if defined. Maybe someone else would know. So if you filled the tank and did not turn on the pump and filled the pump, water lines, and water heater it would only be registering the tank alone. Seems like a 26 gallon difference is a lot for the water heater and plumbing.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 03:09 PM   #24
skids

Ice maker! Don’t forget the volume of the ice maker! LOL

Tags
water