Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 07-02-2020, 04:14 PM   #21
HRoper

When you lower your front jacks to within 3-4 inches of the ground, you should scroll up on the controller to “drop front jacks”, hit enter and let the controller do the rest. Then you can release the hitch and raise manually just enough to see a sliver of daylight between your hitch components, move truck and then hit auto level. Works for me every time. However, you may want to reset to zero at some point manually following Lipperts manual, as most dealers don’t understand the workings of these systems. Play with it, that is part of RVing. Good luck
British Columbia, Canada
HRoper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 09:18 AM   #22
jimborokz

OP, you said in your first post that the pad is level side to side and no more than 2" front to back. I'm assuming you meant 2" higher in the front. So by the time you get the front jacks down enough to raise the pin box off the hitch you may be a bit too high in the nose. With only 4" clearance on the front jacks to start with it might not have enough room to lower to a better starting point to start the process.

We've had three seasons on our 6 point level up. This is our first trailer with auto level. I love it and has only given me one issue and that was on a site that sloped lower on the nose and it was before I knew it needed to be high when starting the cycle. It still leveled without a problem but wouldn't auto set the height to rehitch. Had to manually set the hitch height and then manually retract the jacks. That's when I learned from this forum to be nose high. All has worked flawlessly since.
2017 F-350, psd,4x4, lariat, c-c, swb, srw
jimborokz is offline   Reply With Quote