Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-21-2020, 06:45 AM   #1
SOD

2016 Alpine 3536 freshwater and holding tanks

I purchased this unit preown not a keystone dealer. I've had several 5vers but not an Alpine. Each time we get ready to go I find something on it that I can't find in the book. Fresh water drains I have two of them, one just behind the rear axle and one in front of the front axle.these are not the low port valves they are in the utility department. So do l have two fresh water tanks and do they both fill from the same fill spout? I also found another dump valve behind the rear axle so do I have two grey water tanks one for the kitchen and one for the bathroom? Appreciate any help

E
SOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 08:33 PM   #2
bobbecky

It looks like you have a 66 gallon fresh tank, a black and a grey tank, both 50 gallons, and a galley tank 32 gallons. With the kitchen toward the rear of the axles, the drain valve pull will probably be behind the axles. Not sure what the second drain would be for. Best thing you can do is carefully open each one to see what comes out.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 03:17 AM   #3
SOD

Thanks for the reply. I opened both drain valves, the one behind the rear axle was to the freshwater tank. The one between the axle had a small amount of clear water. I'm wondering if this drains the water line to the ice maker in the fridge.
Old 06-22-2020, 06:11 AM   #4
Pull Toy

Our 2013 3535RE has two grey water tanks. One tank for water from the kitchen, the other for bathroom sink and shower water. Ours only has one black water tank. The black and grey bathroom tanks both have dump valves in the same compartment as the two low point drains. The rear grey tank has a dump valve by the axles. There is an additional separate drain for the fresh water tank. The 3535 is the same floor plan as the 3536, but no residential fridge, so I can't help you with the ice maker.

Ours has been a great rig. Enjoy your new 5er!
Good Luck

Pull Toy

Steve & Jan, Ava & Emma (Mini Schnauzers):
2016 F350 Lariat 4X4 Powerstroke CC/SB "PULLTOY V"
2013 Alpine 3535RE "MAGIC CARPET IV"
Proud Navy Vet!
Pull Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 04:33 AM   #5
SOD

Thanks for the reply. You have pretty well confirmed what I was thinking. I guess that drain line between the axle is not a big deal we live in SE Texas and very very seldom get hard freezes.
Happy safe travels from one Vet to another.
Old 06-23-2020, 07:05 AM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOD View Post
I purchased this unit preown not a keystone dealer. I've had several 5vers but not an Alpine. Each time we get ready to go I find something on it that I can't find in the book. Fresh water drains I have two of them, one just behind the rear axle and one in front of the front axle.these are not the low port valves they are in the utility department. So do l have two fresh water tanks and do they both fill from the same fill spout? I also found another dump valve behind the rear axle so do I have two grey water tanks one for the kitchen and one for the bathroom? Appreciate any help
E
Are those the low point drains for the ice maker? There should be one under the sink and another "in very close proximity" to the refrigerator.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alpine, tank, water