Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-03-2020, 11:15 AM   #1
Bbouch84

2nd grey tank?

So the new camper has two grey tanks. The owners manual was not very helpful on answeribg whats for what. But i assume the front grey tank is for the kitchen sink. And rear is for shower and bathroom sink. Can anyone confirm this or do they both kinda tie into each other.
Bbouch84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 11:24 AM   #2
flybouy
Site Team

The gray tanks will be mounted nearer to where the source is, i.e. if the is in front then I'd guess the front tank would service that. As for the 2 tanks being connected someon who owns the exact model may clarify but take a good look under the camper and see if there are more than 2 valve handles. They have been known to "hide" them near the frame, under the slide, etc.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 11:49 AM   #3
travelin texans

It's not typical for 2 grey tanks to be plumbed together, but it is a RV so ANYTHING is possible.
Depending on tank locations it's possible to use an add-on valve at your dump outlet & by keeping it closed open both grey tanks to equalize them, typically the bath will fill much quicker due to showers, be sure to close both grey valves before opening/dumping the black tank.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 12:13 PM   #4
Logan X

I don’t have the same model as you but I do have 2 gray tanks. One is for the galley (I’m amusing myself by using the nautical term) and the other is the bathroom sink and shower. They all come out of the same sewer line but each has its own valve handle.

I have heard some people say their bathroom sink drains into then black tank.
Logan X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 12:47 PM   #5
rhagfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan X View Post
I don’t have the same model as you but I do have 2 gray tanks. One is for the galley (I’m amusing myself by using the nautical term) and the other is the bathroom sink and shower. They all come out of the same sewer line but each has its own valve handle.

I have heard some people say their bathroom sink drains into then black tank.
Thia without knowing the model of your 5er.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 01:39 PM   #6
Logan X

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhagfo View Post
Thia without knowing the model of your 5er.

I don’t understand your response. I have a Hideout 24BHSWE, listed on my signature. The op has a Bullet 261RBS according to his profile page.
Old 05-03-2020, 05:26 PM   #7
Steve's 70-5

Are there 2 or 3 dump valves?

How many hook ups for sewer hoses?

Joe Walsh
Steve's 70-5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 06:03 PM   #8
KRumm

My 5th wheel has a 3 tank (1 black - 2 gray) The wet bay has two hand valves in the wet bay labels black and gray (bathroom) then there is a third hand valve under the rig between the tires for the 2nd gray (kitchen) tank...
KRumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 07:17 AM   #9
Bbouch84

My 261 has 2 hose hookups. The front grey only and the back grey and black. 3 total valves two total hose hookups
TV: 2014 Ram 1500 QC 5.7L 8spd 3:21 gears

1st camper: 2001 Aero Cub C19
Current Camper: 2020 Bullet 261rbs
Bbouch84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 07:48 AM   #10
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbouch84 View Post
My 261 has 2 hose hookups. The front grey only and the back grey and black. 3 total valves two total hose hookups
If you've got 2 hookups then it's a fairly sure bet your 2 grey are not connected.
You can however buy a Y connector for you sewer hose along with 3 hoses & connect both to dump.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 09:18 PM   #11
Huntme

my black and my first gray tank are on the same dual handle valve,my second gray tank,is my galley,or kitchen tank,in my 2011 30 skwe Hideout.so I need two hoses,one on black and gray,on my Gallie tank.
Huntme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 10:01 AM   #12
JBWardFamily

I've got the same question. I've got two outlet ports. One for the rear gray tank with no T handle and one midway up with two T handles, one for black and one for gray. I can positively tell you they are not connected and the mid handle does not control the rear port. I was able to quickly remove the cap and put on the sewer hose before soaking the area in dish water, but there's got to be an easier way. I'd like to be able to use my sink without being connected to sewer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 2017 X-Lite 33MLS.
JBWardFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 10:14 AM   #13
Logan X

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBWardFamily View Post
I've got the same question. I've got two outlet ports. One for the rear gray tank with no T handle and one midway up with two T handles, one for black and one for gray. I can positively tell you they are not connected and the mid handle does not control the rear port. I was able to quickly remove the cap and put on the sewer hose before soaking the area in dish water, but there's got to be an easier way. I'd like to be able to use my sink without being connected to sewer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 2017 X-Lite 33MLS.
An easy fix would be this termination gate valve

https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Sewer/Valterra/T58.html
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	EF86E253-44C2-48C4-BC39-17DB281B50F5.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	27232  
Old 05-11-2020, 10:33 AM   #14
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
If there is an outlet (gray tank drain connection) then there IS a valve for that tank. It may be that the rod and T-handle vibrated off and are lost, or it may be that you just haven't located the T-handle tucked up next to the bottom belly on the frame rail, but "somewhere" there's a valve handle to actuate the valve that's a mandatory part of keeping that gray tank from "always draining onto the ground. NO gray tank has an outlet that's only closed by a "twist on cap at the outlet" There IS a valve for that tank.... Keep looking for either the "hole where the rod used to be" or the "t-handle that's hard to see when peeking under the side of the trailer... Get on a creeper, lay on your back with a good flashlight. You'll find where the T-handle is located or the hole where the rod used to go through the underbelly material. Hint: If it's on the underbelly, look for a "blob of black spray foam". That's almost always how Keystone seals the "rod hole in the coroplast"...

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2020, 03:47 PM   #15
JBWardFamily

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
If there is an outlet (gray tank drain connection) then there IS a valve for that tank. It may be that the rod and T-handle vibrated off and are lost, or it may be that you just haven't located the T-handle tucked up next to the bottom belly on the frame rail, but "somewhere" there's a valve handle to actuate the valve that's a mandatory part of keeping that gray tank from "always draining onto the ground. NO gray tank has an outlet that's only closed by a "twist on cap at the outlet" There IS a valve for that tank.... Keep looking for either the "hole where the rod used to be" or the "t-handle that's hard to see when peeking under the side of the trailer... Get on a creeper, lay on your back with a good flashlight. You'll find where the T-handle is located or the hole where the rod used to go through the underbelly material. Hint: If it's on the underbelly, look for a "blob of black spray foam". That's almost always how Keystone seals the "rod hole in the coroplast"...
Found it. Upon closer inspection I found a few threads sticking out beside the port connection. Got an extension kit from the local camper store, but didn't like the setup so I got a 1/4 turnbuckle from Lowes to get me by until I can make something more permanent. I checked the other two and they were loose too. Thanks for the advice.
JBWardFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 11:32 AM   #16
CaptnJohn

Never assume with an Rv. The guy that plumbed it may have no clue what he is doing or did. It makes sense the washer would go to a gray tank. 1st thing I did was have a washer run to make sure it didn’t leak. Open closest gray tank and nothing, hit 1st black valve and here it came. I have 2 black and 2 gray, a crapshoot until sure.

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 12:46 PM   #17
rlh1957

One of our grey tanks catches the kitchen sink water, the second grey tank catches bathroom sink and shower water. Each tank has it's own T-Valve to dump, as well as a black tank dump valve. We have to use two hoses from front and rear grey tank with a Y connector, unless we dump back grey, then move the hose to front to dump black and front grey.

2020 Cougar Half Ton 29RKS Fifth Wheel
2019 F350 4WD Lariat SRW 6.7 Diesel Super Duty
Anderson Ultimate 5th Wheel Hitch - JT Strongarm TST509 TPMS- 2200W(8)Solar Panels - 800AH (8) BattleBorn Lithium Batteries. 3000W Victron MultiPlus II Inverter. SoftStartRV on both AC’s - Predator 3500 generator
rlh1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 04:07 PM   #18
RickReichert

They are usually separate. There should be 3 dump valve handles somewhere under the trailer.
RickReichert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 04:55 AM   #19
JWS

Quote:
Found it. Upon closer inspection I found a few threads sticking out beside the port connection. Got an extension kit from the local camper store, but didn't like the setup so I got a 1/4 turnbuckle from Lowes to get me by until I can make something more permanent. I checked the other two and they were loose too. Thanks for the advice.
After purchasing my Cougar first thing I did was to remove all 3 T handles extensions and turn buckles and reinstall with Loctite on the threads. Haven't had any vibrate loose since then.
JWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 05:23 PM   #20
RFmixer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbouch84 View Post
So the new camper has two grey tanks. The owners manual was not very helpful on answeribg whats for what. But i assume the front grey tank is for the kitchen sink. And rear is for shower and bathroom sink. Can anyone confirm this or do they both kinda tie into each other.
Not sure what model you have, but I have a Bullet 248RKS and you assumption is correct per my TT. The 2 gray tanks are plumbed separately, the rear for the kitchen sink.
RFmixer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tank