Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-29-2020, 05:37 PM   #1
daytec

Does anyone have a 2020 Fuzion 424?

I'm trying to find out what the gray and black tank sizes for the toy hauler bathroom. Also, the W/D hookups in the master bedroom, I can't find the dryer vent only the washer hookups. Any advice?
daytec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 06:39 PM   #2
tech740

Based on what I see on the website my guess is 2-44 gallon black tanks and 2-44 gallon gray tanks. The dryer is not usually vented because ether sell dryers that are non vented. That said many use a vented dryer and either have a dealer drill the hole when they install or they do it on their own. Hope this helps.

2019 Ram 3500 6.7 HO, Aisin Trans 3:73
Reese Goosebox
2019 Sandpiper 379FLOK
tech740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 06:55 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Tank sizes are listed on the Keystone website this way:

Fresh Water 106 GAL
Waste Water (black) 88 GAL (two 44 GAL tanks)
Gray Water 88 GAL (two 44 GAL tanks)

Typically with floorplans like yours (2 toilets)
the front toilet has a 44 GAL black tank
The front sink/shower share a 44 GAL gray tank
The rear toilet and sink share a 44 GAL black tank (yes, the sink gray water dumps into the rear black tank
The galley has a 44 GAL gray tank for the galley sink.

The outside kitchen sink (if you have one) is plumed one of three ways.
1. Outside kitchen sink dumps into the rear black tank
2. Outside kitchen sink dumps into the galley gray tank
3. Outside kitchen sink is not plumbed to a tank, so you'll either "dump on the ground" or into a garden hose attachment to a 5 gallon bucket/small portable "blue tank".

Probably the best way to confirm what drains where is to close all the valves, pour 5 gallons into the rear bathroom sink and open valves "one at a time" until you confirm where it drains. Repeat for the galley sink, the outdoor kitchen sink and the front shower/sink.

If you have a washing machine installed, they have been plumbed to dump into the front black tank, or the front gray tank, and in some floorplans, the washer bypasses all tanks and dumps directly into the sewer manifold at the side outlet of the trailer.

If your dealer did not cover this in your PDI, you'll probably get much more accurate information with a 5 gallon bucket and a couple of hours than you will "relying on questionable information" from someone at the dealership who doesn't know, doesn't remember or never knew in the first place.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 03:40 AM   #4
daytec

Thanks for the quick answer. I'll definitely be looking for resources that will help me to put this vent in myself. My rig sat at a dealer for 4 months despite the fact that it's brand new. I have no interest in going back.
Old 03-30-2020, 03:43 AM   #5
daytec

Thanks. I found that there are several things the dealer got wrong during the walk thru. I would rather learn what's right then go back to a dealer and guess.
Old 03-31-2020, 08:51 PM   #6
Big 417

Your a quick learner. Never met a salesmen that actually knew his stuff lol. If you know your stuff you can actually toy with them hehe.

We own the 417. Washer hookups are in the garage. Center of dividing wall. There is no dryer duct built in. Not sure if there are units that vent inside or not. It would be hard to run a vent duct, one side has the bathroom door, the other side has the garage entry door.
Big 417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 08:43 PM   #7
Vinnie

Resurrecting an old thread regarding the dryer vent issue:

We have Fuzion 429, with ventless hookups in the garage, and doors left and right as well. I was poking through it today and realized the cabinet above those doors (ladder storage) provides a decent enough void to run a vent to either side wall, so long as you can stand the sight of it climbing the garage wall until you cut into the cabinet. The issue comes when you get to the wall itself, and there's only about a 2" gap between aluminum braces, and I'm not cutting through those.

Questions-
1) This would totally void the warranty, right?
2) Is there a reducer of sorts that would allow me to convert the typical silver bendy hose to a much smaller vent going through to the outside?
Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 08:46 PM   #8
Big 417

I'm sure a sheet metal/fab shop could make something that would neck the round hose down to a longer rectangle vent
Big 417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 09:45 PM   #9
chunker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie View Post
Resurrecting an old thread regarding the dryer vent issue:

We have Fuzion 429, with ventless hookups in the garage, and doors left and right as well. I was poking through it today and realized the cabinet above those doors (ladder storage) provides a decent enough void to run a vent to either side wall, so long as you can stand the sight of it climbing the garage wall until you cut into the cabinet. The issue comes when you get to the wall itself, and there's only about a 2" gap between aluminum braces, and I'm not cutting through those.

Questions-
1) This would totally void the warranty, right?
2) Is there a reducer of sorts that would allow me to convert the typical silver bendy hose to a much smaller vent going through to the outside?
I was looking at the floor plan and you hav a half bath on the right sider just forward of the garage and there I presume you want to put the w/d. On my Raptor 356 the w/d hookup are in there middle of the garage from wall and also don't have a vent. On the other side of the wall for me is the area behind the Television. I'm going to research running a dryer drain hose through the wall, into the area behind the TV and then straight down making sure I miss the waste tanks, an d exit below the coroplast. Just a rough idea now. Perhaps you could punch through the bath wall and take the washer drain behind the toilet and then fins a gap in the waste tanks to take it down and out. Might have creative drain and I'd use smooth wall pipe like 3' pvc.
2019 Harley Davidson Heritage Classic 114 (the toy)
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 04:46 AM   #10
Gator6

I'm thinking of dropping the splash panel underneath the rear and look for an option to drop a vent next to the heat ducting. Either come out the side or down through the panel with a spring loaded vent.

2019 Fuzion 424
2022 Ram 3500 Max Tow CrewCab
Gator6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2022, 06:57 AM   #11
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gator6 View Post
I'm thinking of dropping the splash panel underneath the rear and look for an option to drop a vent next to the heat ducting. Either come out the side or down through the panel with a spring loaded vent.
On some (not all) toyhaulers, there are either one or possibly two fuel tanks located under the floor and above the frame rails. Be sure that any holes you drill for venting will miss those tanks. Logic would be that Keystone considered tank location as well as pitfalls to installing a vent in the same location.... Remember, we're dealing with Keystone and there may not be as much "logical decision making" as we'd hope for.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 03:49 AM   #12
Gator6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
On some (not all) toyhaulers, there are either one or possibly two fuel tanks located under the floor and above the frame rails. Be sure that any holes you drill for venting will miss those tanks. Logic would be that Keystone considered tank location as well as pitfalls to installing a vent in the same location.... Remember, we're dealing with Keystone and there may not be as much "logical decision making" as we'd hope for.....
Looking at venting through that bulkhead and underneath the galley area. I do have two 30 gal tanks in the rear, but they sit well aft of where I’d be working.

2019 Fuzion 424
2022 Ram 3500 Max Tow CrewCab
Gator6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuzion