Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 12-17-2019, 01:12 PM   #21
Tbos

I’m guessing your forum name is in reference to a rather large haze grey flattop. I spent 1988-1990 on her. Those were some of the best years of my career.

Welcome to the forum. Have you picked up your rig yet? If you identify problems after the fact get your dealer to set an appointment for an actual fix or at least to identify parts needed. Then either bring it back home fixed or make an appointment to bring it back for repair when the parts arrive. Some dealerships have appointments just so you can be put in the line to get worked on or looked at in a couple days or weeks. The results are rigs that sit for weeks or months on dealers lots waiting for service. I hope your dealer doesn’t operate that way.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 01:51 PM   #22
CV66

Yes. Served on her from ‘89-‘93. Best years of my life as well. Still stay in touch with about 20 of the guys I served with. MM3...MP Div...2MMR

Thanks for the heads up. Our schedule date is 12/27 to take delivery. Being in Colorado, not sure that I want them to run water into it because it’s currently winterized. I guess I can run some antifreeze through it when I get it home.
CV66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 03:06 PM   #23
NH_Bulldog

I would always plan on enough time for last minute repairs and if away from home be prepared to stay overnight if necessary. We picked ours up 750 miles from home. The PDI was okay and we documented a few minor issues that were sent to our local shop to fix when we got home. The biggest issue was when I wiggled the loose spare tire on the back and it literally fell off, mounting bracket and all.
2022 Ford F250 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab 4x4
NH_Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 04:04 PM   #24
CV66

Thanks for the heads up on the spare. Would hate to be traveling home and have that spare fall out and these things up.
CV66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 05:43 PM   #25
Tbos

Quote:
Originally Posted by CV66 View Post
Yes. Served on her from ‘89-‘93. Best years of my life as well. Still stay in touch with about 20 of the guys I served with. MM3...MP Div...2MMR

I was in OED working for the EMO. I have a lot of respect for all the work you all did to keep that grey lady steaming.
Tbos is offline   Reply With Quote