Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 10-14-2020, 07:32 PM   #1
Cariboojim

Montana Mountaineer 295RKD plumbing

Just purchased above fifth wheel and am looking for some help in understanding the plumbing connections and by passes. I know that the middle hose connection is for city water but not sure what the top and bottom ones are for. Also not clear how to use the winterizing option from here I(I tried connecting the antifreeze hose to each of the inputs but could not get the pump to draw any antifreeze).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5DF14927-EE6D-48B2-AB2D-8CC262A39D4E.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	194.0 KB
ID:	30340  
Cariboojim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 07:41 PM   #2
bsmith0404

Hard to see everything in the picture, but looks to me like the top is the city connection, middle is the black tank flush and the bottom is the winterize connection, I can’t see the label so not sure on that. As for winterizing valves. Water heater bypass is to prevent you from pumping 12 gallons of antifreeze into the water heater. The winterize valve , when in the winterize position, hose connected to the winterize connection and placed into a gallon of antifreeze, turn the pump on and open your faucets one at a time. The pump will not run until you open a faucet to cause the pressure to drop.

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 09:02 PM   #3
bobbecky

The top is the winterize connection, center is city water, and bottom is black tank flush. We full time so never winterize, but I’ve read that some have to use two washers at the hose connections to make it air tight and to use the shortest hose possible.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 06:11 AM   #4
bsmith0404

I guess the labels on that one are for the connection below it. Mine is arranged differently with connection above the label.

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 01:25 PM   #5
bobbecky

For Cariboojim:
These are photos of our convenience center, first the front, the second the rear, and finally a schematic I drew of the plumbing which makes it a bit easier to understand where everything goes.
Our Winterize (Freeze Guard) inlet is at the top left with the Water Heater Bypass valve to the right, The City Water Connection is below the Winterize inlet and to the right of that is the Winterize valve, and below the City Water connection is the Black Tank Flush inlet and to the right of that is the Tank Fill/Normal water flow control valve.
I think you are going to find that your green hose is going to the wrong inlet. They put the Winterize label a bit high, but that is the inlet that your hose is connected to. Also, your Winterize valve should be OFF when under normal conditions. Hopefully the photos and diagram help you figure out what you are working with.

Name:	convenience center front view.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	190.3 KB
ID:	30351   Click image for larger version

Name:	convenience center plumbing.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	172.5 KB
ID:	30352   Click image for larger version

Name:	convenience center plumbing schematic.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	168.8 KB
ID:	30353