Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-01-2020, 10:17 AM   #1
Harleyreb

New 22RBS

Just sold our motorhome, and are looking at the 22RBS. What kind of TPMS have others bought for this trailer? I hope to initially pull with my Chevy Colorado V6, but thinking I might need a bigger truck.

Interested at some point in time to see upgrades others have made. This 22RBS looks very nice.
Harleyreb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2020, 07:53 PM   #2
kjohn

Hello. We have a 2019 22RBS Eastern, and, yes, you will need a bigger truck. We put 10,000 miles on a 2017 21RBS with a 2015 F150 SC fwd with 6.5’ box, 3.5 EB and approx. 5000 miles on our 22RBS with that truck, and around 2000 miles with our 2020, same truck only new.

As a footnote, the 22RBS is not a light trailer, and the malarkey of, “I hardly knew it was there”, is just that - malarkey. A decent weight distribution hitch/anti sway hitch is important.

Enjoy your new trailer.
Old 10-02-2020, 06:37 AM   #3
QCMan
Gone Traveling

Great trailer, good luck with it! We use a TST tpms system and like it. We have made many changes to it but nothing major. As far as issues, it seems to be a sound and functional unit. We did have a water leak right after delivery. Traced it to the outside speakers. They were sealed at the sidewall but leaked where the speaker met the cowling. Butyl rubber around the joint between the two pieces put an end to the leak. Loaded for a trip ours weighs 6650 and we use a Reese Straight Line trunnion wd hitch with a dual cam anti-sway system. Tows well and being that it is just two of us and two small dogs it has plenty of room for all of us. We really like the built in hitch for our Day 6 bikes. Makes it real easy.
QCMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 07:25 PM   #4
steve james

we too have a Cougar 22rbswe with the Anderson WD anti sway hitch, which i'm glad I have. Took a 2400+ mile trip from northern Cailf to Missoula down to western Yellowstone and back home with our 2012 5.7l Tundra. No problems at all. it seems to be a good match. I just ordered a 2021 Chevy Tahoe High Country with a 6.2l engine Hope it pulls the trailer just as well. Again our 22 is just perfect for my wife and i.
steve james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 09:41 AM   #5
linux3

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve james View Post
our 2012 5.7l Tundra. No problems at all. it seems to be a good match. I just ordered a 2021 Chevy Tahoe High Country with a 6.2l engine Hope it pulls the trailer just as well.
I would worry about a Tahoe. Only because the wheel base is way shorter. For controlling sway longer is better.
Also applies to the Chevy Colorado.
2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71 6.2L
linux3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 07:47 AM   #6
ewbldavis

X2 on Tahoe. Can you revise order to get a Suburban? The added length will make a huge difference, but it won't be same as your Tundra for sure.

Eddy

2019 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.0L
2020 Cougar 32BHS
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote