Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 09-29-2020, 04:43 AM   #1
Spletbr

Domestic fridge doors seal

Does anyone know how to adjust the doors on a Dometic RV fridge? The “flap” on the left door is not catching. When we close it it does not seal (we pull it over manually) and when we open it it stays “engaged”, does to flap back. CW said it’s fine like that!
Spletbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 05:25 AM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

And once again a lazy service dept says it’s ok because they don’t want to deal with it. Simple fix really:

Open the RH door, open the LH door and then close it watching the top edge of the seal. I suspect it’s not high enough to catch and “flip”. If that’s the case you simply need to take the door off, put a small washer on the hinge pin and put it back on.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 05:37 AM   #3
chunker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckster57 View Post
And once again a lazy service dept says it’s ok because they don’t want to deal with it. Simple fix really:

Open the RH door, open the LH door and then close it watching the top edge of the seal. I suspect it’s not high enough to catch and “flip”. If that’s the case you simply need to take the door off, put a small washer on the hinge pin and put it back on.
Or if in my case the flap was just about dragging at the top and was dragging at the bottom preventing it from flipping to the sealed position. Based on a recommendation from a poster here, I sanded a bit off the bottom of the flapper and rubbed a bar of soap on the fridge part where it had rubbed. Putting a shim washer in my case would have raised the door where the flapper caught at the top. After my "fix", temps in the fridge were very good. Prior to all that I did the "dollar bill test" all along the door seal. That was OK.
2019 Harley Davidson Heritage Classic 114 (the toy)
chunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 05:43 AM   #4
Spletbr

Wow. Yes that’s the issue and what a simple solution. How does the door come off, just lift it?
Spletbr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge