Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-23-2020, 07:56 AM   #1
flynaz

Leaking hydraulic fluid...

Greetings,
We had a Montana 3455SA which had 4 hydraulic slides. During a repair on the landing gear I noticed some hydraulic fluid and damp hoses. I discovered that the sheet metal side panel was cutting into one of the hoses. I wasn’t the original owner, so I dont know if other rigs have similar issues. All five hydraulic lines run through a hole in the sheet metal siding going to/from the control valve assembly. The hole had no protective bushing to prevent cutting and damage over time. The sheet metal had sliced into one of the paraflex thermoplastic hoses.
My fix was to patch the thermoplastic hose with a one wire fitting and added a piece of 1/4 “ drip line sliced lengthwise to act as a bushing for the remaining undamaged lines. Here is the link where I finally got the right hose patch. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07Q3WD8QG..._C3OqFbMRG4F7X

My hose type ended up being a 1/4 inch thermoplastic hose that used a 1-wire reusable hose patch.

I also separated the repaired hose from the rest of the hoses to allow for more room and trimmed off a sharp metal bracket corner. Hope this helps...Attachment 1

P.s. We are now proud owners of a 2021 Grand Design 303RLS...Click image for larger version

Name:	Adjustments.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	481.9 KB
ID:	29387
flynaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 07:59 AM   #2
flynaz

Here is the final repair picture showing the home made bushing and trimmed bracket.Click image for larger version

Name:	Adjustments.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	279.3 KB
ID:	29388
flynaz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak