Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Old 02-29-2020, 03:09 PM   #1
Topglock

Registering your 1 ton truck in Mi

I have a question for my fellow michiganders. I’m soon to be in the market for a new truck. I’m leaning towards the F350 because of payload advantage over the 250. My concern is the extra registration fees. The truck will only be used to pull our rv. Does it possibly fall under the same as any other vehicle based on the (MSRP).?

Thanks in advance

2015 Keystone Bullet 272bhs
Topglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 04:05 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

As long as the registration is not "to a business" or "commercial" then it's registered based on MSRP. It won't matter whether it's a 250/2500 or a 350/3500 model. All "private registrations" are based on MSRP.

You can look it up here to get an idea of what it will cost you: https://dsvsesvc.sos.state.mi.us/TAP/_/ Click on the top row, far right section titled: CALCULATE FEES

Don't forget to check the "Recreation Passport block" !!!

That said, your insurance may be "dramatically different" between a 250/2500 and a 350/3500, so check with your insurance agent on costs. State Farm was the same (within pennies) when I last checked about a year ago.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 04:14 PM   #3
Topglock

Thank you! That’s exactly what I wanted to know. We use progressive so I’ll give my agent a call Monday to compare.

2015 Keystone Bullet 272bhs
Topglock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 09:00 PM   #4
+Ruff Rider
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topglock View Post
Thank you! That’s exactly what I wanted to know. We use progressive so I’ll give my agent a call Monday to compare.
You do know that you can get the F350 in the 10,000 payload which is the same as the F250 so make sure you tell the dealer that you want the I think 2020 trucks have the 12,300 payload now. So make sure you get the right you want. As for fees I bet your DMV has that information online.
+Ruff Rider is offline   Reply With Quote