Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 07-11-2012, 08:43 AM   #1
Benrubid

Colman Grill and the quick connect

I have a Fuzion toy hauler with a quick connect underneath for a gas grill hook up. Unfortunitley before I bought the Fuzion I went out and bought a coleman grill that uses the small propane bottles that screw right into the grill regulator. I was wondering if anyone has taken a quick connect hose and modified the other end to fit the screw in for the small propane bottles. When i went to the RV dealer, they told me that the camper is low pressure and the colman grill with the little bottles is high pressure and I need to buy a conversion kit and a new regulator, etc.

If anyone has done it, where did you get your parts and do you have pictures?

Thanks again
Benrubid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:54 AM   #2
Terrydactile

If its a coleman road trip grill this link will show you what you need to do. You basically unscrew the regulator off of the pipe that screws into the grill burner and attach a hose to the remaining pipe. It will now work on the low pressure hook up on your trailer. I have done this very thing. Works great with no problems.

http://www.rv.net/forums/index.cfm/f...d/25114578.cfm
Old 07-11-2012, 10:56 AM   #3
Jeffrey11

Won't work

The quick connect is after the regulator. You also have a regulator on the grill so you would have too low pressure to make it work. The hose is common place and available but you would have to remove the regulator from the grill.
Jeffrey11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:21 AM   #4
SteveC7010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey11 View Post
The quick connect is after the regulator. You also have a regulator on the grill so you would have too low pressure to make it work. The hose is common place and available but you would have to remove the regulator from the grill.
The link to rvnet.net above shows how to remove the Coleman regulator and connect the grille fitting directly to the hose. Looks like a pretty easy job.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:07 PM   #5
Bob Landry

I did that on my Weber and it works fine. You have to remove the regulator on the grill. My understanding is that Coleman uses a proprietary thread size on their grills and standard pipe thread sizes will not work. I could be mistaken as I have never tried to mod a Coleman grill, but there have been several posts about it.. Bottom line is that if it uses standard threads, the regulator can be removed and the grill equipped with a quick connect.
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote