Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 07-02-2012, 03:56 PM   #1
sydney outback

Moving Things Around

I have a 5th wheel with a superslide that contains a dinette and a couch. I want to move the dinette (which is bolted to the ground and wall) to where the couch is and the couch to where the dinette is. I dont know why keystone made this arrangement. the couch is way too far from the tv. My question is... can this be done? and how complicated is it. There is nothing under the dinette seats.
sydney outback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:14 PM   #2
therink

Hi. It may help to tell us what model you have. I am pretty sure that in most models, changing the configuration is possible. You may want to consider the window placement to make sure it won't conflict if they are different sizes. If you have a 115v outlet in the slide, you may need to move it.The only other issue is that the carpeting will likely be matted down where the old fixtures were.
Good luck. Steve

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:21 PM   #3
sydney outback

Hi. thank you for answering. I have a sydney outback 28FRLS, the windows are the same.
sydney outback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:39 AM   #4
volvosweetie

If your carpet is matted down you could try a hand held steamer and maybe an old hair brush or comb or just your hand. The steam should fluff it back up.

Ab & Pam
2006 Thor Grand Junction
2000 Ford F-450 dually Crew Cab
7.3 Diesel
volvosweetie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 11:30 AM   #5
hankpage
Site Team

The only problem you will have is that there is no back on one of the benches. Also as mentioned there most likely is an outlet in one bench. Carpet will recover after a vacuuming. I removed my booth and moved the table with no problems .... just surface mounted the outlet with Wire Mold. Moving the couch was not an option because of the over-sized window by the dinette.

hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 03:50 AM   #6
byrdr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankpage View Post
The only problem you will have is that there is no back on one of the benches. Also as mentioned there most likely is an outlet in one bench. Carpet will recover after a vacuuming. I removed my booth and moved the table with no problems .... just surface mounted the outlet with Wire Mold. Moving the couch was not an option because of the over-sized window by the dinette.

Hank, what did you put in place of dinette?

Randy "Camp On"
2011 Cougar 327RES
2014 Ford F-350, 6.7L 4X4, CC, SRW
byrdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 07:42 AM   #7
hankpage
Site Team

Moved table over .... there's only two of us.

And added my "Mobile Moderating Station." The DW was not too thrilled about that.

Old 07-09-2012, 03:14 PM   #8
rigby

Hank -- When you changed your configuration, did you notice a difference in the feel of the floor that was under the sofa vs what was under the table? We have a Copper Canyon 252FWRLS with the free standing table & chairs. It feels like the floor under the table is maybe just the carpet over the sheet metal of the slide so there's a lot of 'give' and flex. Was wondering if that's normal, or if maybe they forgot to put some kind of plywood subflooring when it was built?

Steve W>
Windsor, CO
rigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 05:01 PM   #9
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rigby View Post
Hank -- When you changed your configuration, did you notice a difference in the feel of the floor that was under the sofa vs what was under the table? We have a Copper Canyon 252FWRLS with the free standing table & chairs. It feels like the floor under the table is maybe just the carpet over the sheet metal of the slide so there's a lot of 'give' and flex. Was wondering if that's normal, or if maybe they forgot to put some kind of plywood subflooring when it was built?

Steve W>
Windsor, CO
The entire floor of my slide is one sheet of ˝" plywood so you must be careful when remounting the table to use the same screws. You may be feeling a loose piece of vinyl flooring under the carpet. One never knows in the wonderful world of RVs'. (I was going to say Keystone but that wouldn't be fair)
Old 07-25-2012, 11:30 AM   #10
rigby

Quote:
Originally Posted by hankpage View Post
The entire floor of my slide is one sheet of ˝" plywood so you must be careful when remounting the table to use the same screws. You may be feeling a loose piece of vinyl flooring under the carpet. One never knows in the wonderful world of RVs'. (I was going to say Keystone but that wouldn't be fair)
Thanks for the reply. Just to follow up, I checked and the floor in our slide is plywood as you described. Now that I know that, I'm thinking that the 'feel' of it is just due to it being in the extended slide and a bit 'bouncy'. Does anyone use those slide stabilizers?

Steve W>
rigby is offline   Reply With Quote