Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 09-28-2021, 02:13 PM   #21
sourdough
Site Team

Don to be clear for my foggy brain; when you turn the fridge to gas and stove lights, or if you turn the hot water heater on and the stove lights, if you turn the stove burners off then try to relight all you get is a small flame that then goes out? Did I understand correctly? If so, if you wait the few minutes you said you have to after you turn one of the other appliances on does it go ahead and light properly?

I was beginning to think regulator again thinking that maybe the small flow from a burner on the stove wasn't enough flow for it or something but that little scenario sort of blows that out....or, a thought just hit me; the fridge/water heater (whatever you had on at the time) didn't shut down during that time frame when you couldn't light the stove burners again did it?
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 02:57 PM   #22
jasin1

Adding to my previous post…what about water in the gas line?…if the tank was refillled or replaced recently…I’ll stop now
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C9B63428-52DC-4FF7-9373-A079C67103E4.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	157.2 KB
ID:	36075  
Old 09-30-2021, 07:27 AM   #23
bbells

Mine did the same thing. I turned on both burners and was able to light the rear. Everything was fine after that.
bbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 08:02 AM   #24
Captainf2

If you turn both your tank valves off wait 10-20 seconds turn the tank valves on very very slowly for the first rotation, the check the stove, the tanks have excess flow valves on them which will limit gas flow. Try that
Captainf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 02:57 PM   #25
Don N.

gave it a try....no luck
2013 GMC 2500HD w/ B&W turnover gooseneck hitch and Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel gooseneck mount
Airlift airbags

Don N. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 02:59 PM   #26
Don N.

Is there an "easy" way to purge any water from the LP gas line?
2013 GMC 2500HD w/ B&W turnover gooseneck hitch and Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel gooseneck mount
Airlift airbags

Old 09-30-2021, 03:16 PM   #27
Third Degree

Save yourself a big headache. It is the regulator at the tanks. I chased mine to the end of the earth. The stove would only light when the propane heater was running. Everything else would work, water heater, frig on propane, but turn those off and the stove would slowly quit. It would not relight unless I turned on the propane heater. Then after a while nothing would work. Both tanks were full and it drove me crazy. I changed the twin propane regulator at the tank and all was fixed. You have a bad regulator at the tank. I too could not find one. I went to a local Ace Hardward and they had one! Try there.
Third Degree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 10:08 PM   #28
Don N.

I've been wanting to change out the main regulator as an easy possible fix, but all of the local RV supply outlets are telling me they have none, because of "a recall on all regulators". They look at me like, " are you freaking kidding me" when I ask if they have one. Our RVing is over for the year, so will wait until next year in hope I can get a regulator. THANK YOU very much Third Degree!!
Airlift airbags

Old 10-07-2021, 06:16 AM   #29
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don N. View Post
I've been wanting to change out the main regulator as an easy possible fix, but all of the local RV supply outlets are telling me they have none, because of "a recall on all regulators". They look at me like, " are you freaking kidding me" when I ask if they have one. Our RVing is over for the year, so will wait until next year in hope I can get a regulator. THANK YOU very much Third Degree!!
This year, make sure you turn off the supply valves on both your propane tanks. Theoretically, it's not supposed to make a difference, but if the regulator is bad, you could develop a leak and fill the storage area (if indoors) and/or the propane storage compartment on your trailer with propane. I wouldn't trust the regulators on most trailers that still have the OEM regulator on the tanks.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas