Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 04-08-2021, 03:15 PM   #1
sourdough
Site Team

Mopeeka LP Tank Monitors - FREE!

I did not place this in a ad because I don't want to sell this so figured I would post it here.

I have a brand new set of Mopeeka LP tank monitors and a spare set of aluminum legs (both unopened) that I need to get rid of. Been carrying them around in the trailer and DW informed me about 10 minutes ago (unloading from FL trip) to get them out or use them....guess they need to go. Nothing wrong with them (NIB) just don't need them.

I don't try to "sell" stuff because I don't like to mess with it and I don't want anything for them but I would ask the recipient to pay the shipping charges to wherever and I don't/won't know what that is until I know where it's going.

First person to claim them it's yours.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 03:52 PM   #2
Laredo Tugger

I have those on my trailer and one monitor seems to be out. I'll take those off your hands sir.
RMc
Laredo Tugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 04:20 PM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

Got your PM and will reply. Thanks.
Old 04-09-2021, 02:25 AM   #4
Weldon

Dang it. That's what I get for going to sleep early one night. One of mine just crapped out. Very good of you to give those to a fellow camper. Well done sir!
Weldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 03:01 AM   #5
RickV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weldon View Post
Dang it. That's what I get for going to sleep early one night. One of mine just crapped out. Very good of you to give those to a fellow camper. Well done sir!
Same here the one that crapped out if I tap on it a few times it will work for a few minutes. As soon as I put the tank back in the 5ver it quits again I saw where Ace hardware has em for like $35. What I decided to do is to close the valve on the tank that sensor works on and that way when the other runs out I'll still have a full tank.

Rick
2021 Alpine 3790FK
2021 Ford SD F350 6.7 PS 4x4 Crew Cab LB Dually
RickV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 04:34 AM   #6
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickV View Post
Same here the one that crapped out if I tap on it a few times it will work for a few minutes. As soon as I put the tank back in the 5ver it quits again I saw where Ace hardware has em for like $35. What I decided to do is to close the valve on the tank that sensor works on and that way when the other runs out I'll still have a full tank.
I had one sensor stop working about 3 years ago. I rem oved the battery and cleaned the contacts with a pencil eraser and some canned air. It's work fine every since. The set I have are about 7 years old IIRC.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 05:01 AM   #7
Laredo Tugger

Sorry guy's.
I feel like I was the first caller to get through at the radio station for the prize (which I did once in my life).
I wish I could belly up to the bar and proclaim "Monitors for everybody!" and pass them out freely, but I can't. Early bird worm thing I guess.
I think the tip from flybouy is a good idea. I did see a video about moisture proofing the sensors and it noted that the new models being sent out now have a vent built in.
RMc
Laredo Tugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 02:11 PM   #8
Bill-2020

Danny,
Curious. Why didn’t you use them? I love ours. The app is much better than the little box with LEDs and buttons, but I have it mounted anyway (for those times I need to glance at the levels and the phone isn’t near by). I had turned off the WH once and forgot to turn it back on, and she went to take a shower. Man did I hear about that! God forbid I let the LP run out!
Bill-2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 03:05 PM   #9
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-2020 View Post
Danny,
Curious. Why didn’t you use them? I love ours. The app is much better than the little box with LEDs and buttons, but I have it mounted anyway (for those times I need to glance at the levels and the phone isn’t near by). I had turned off the WH once and forgot to turn it back on, and she went to take a shower. Man did I hear about that! God forbid I let the LP run out!

Bill I had a lot of trouble with the first set. Plus even if I thought they were working I have checked my regulator for so long that I was out looking at the regulator indicator anyway because I just didn't trust it (like my tank monitors). Didn't see any sense in putting another gizmo on the wall of the new trailer and not use it.
Old 04-09-2021, 03:19 PM   #10
jasin1

See if this link works
Old 04-09-2021, 05:21 PM   #11
Bill-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Bill I had a lot of trouble with the first set. Plus even if I thought they were working I have checked my regulator for so long that I was out looking at the regulator indicator anyway because I just didn't trust it (like my tank monitors). Didn't see any sense in putting another gizmo on the wall of the new trailer and not use it.
I have the Lippert LevelMate Pro. Worked like a charm for 6-8 trips then one day it was way off on the side-to-side (which is where it really needs to be accurate when using the Anderson levelers). I found myself double checking with my trusty two foot level. So I understand exactly where you're coming from. I have been known to look over my shoulder at the regulator as well. Very kind of you to give them away - goes around, comes around. Someone will buy you a beer and a brisket.

Tags
tank