Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 06-30-2019, 11:51 AM   #21
patyacht

Since we are trying to help fellow RV'ers I'd like to also say when you are doing your axle alignment you should also consider the verticle alignment of your trailer at the Pinbox. If your trailer sits too high or too low at the Pinbox abnormal tire wear can occur on either the forward or rear axle. Just another thought!
patyacht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 05:04 PM   #22
WDPatterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbells View Post
I only have a couple thousand miles on my 2018 Keystone double axle trailer. I am not sure if it still has warranty coverage since the dealer used it as a rental before I bought it. The radial tires on the front axle look brand new. The tires on the rear axle look worn down to the threads on the inside. I have heard this may be an alignment issue, but in this small number of miles I am thinking it may be a major axle or spring problem. Also, I am not sure if this is normal or not, but when I parked the trailer in a curve with the truck the wheels did not line up. The front looked like they were at an angle, and the rear looked straight. I don't mind paying for whatever repair it needs, but it would help to get some ideas as to what this may be. Thanks for any help.
Is it possible that the front tires were replaced, but the rear tires were not??... Another possibility is that the trailer was pulled for quite some time with the tongue High, not level...
WDPatterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 09:59 AM   #23
x50v

My new keystone

I had the same issue with my Keystone Avalanche, headed for Alaska, got home 7 tires later. Had the axle re-aligned, now it is great. The alignment guy said he gets a lot of new RV’s with axles out of alignment from the factory.
x50v is offline   Reply With Quote