Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 08-29-2011, 02:18 PM   #1
28Bunkhouse

Question Levelling trailer with electric stabilizers

What is the besy way to level my 28 foot bunk house? I have electric stabilizers and they extend as a pair. Would it be wise to purchase some scissor jacks and lift the frame? Or just run the wheels up on some blocking?

2011 Springdale 281

2003.5 Ram 2500 5.9 Cummins

Rear air bag assist

Northern British Columbia, Canada
28Bunkhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:04 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

You can purchase scissors jacks and use them for stabilizing - not for "lifting the frame". They are not meant for that purpose nor are your electric stabilizers. They are meant to "stabilize" not to level.
I would forget the scissor jacks and use your present electric ones for their intended use -- stabilizing. Get some levelling boards (homemade or the plastic "lego" variety) and use them to level your unit.
Old 08-29-2011, 04:03 PM   #3
jq1031

I purchased two plastic yellow leveling ramps at camping world & they work great. Before disconnecting the TV, use level for side to side leveling, place ramps on the low side & back or pull trailer as needed. Block wheels on opposite side of trailer, disconnect truck & level front to back. BTW I usually place my level on the rear bumper for accurate side to side leveling. Hope that helps!
jq1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 04:32 PM   #4
THedges

As everyone has suggested use blocks under the tires and then extend the levelers.

Your levelers will compensate slightly for uneven ground, but you should watch to make sure that when the first foot pad touches that there isn't too much space under the second pad. I wasn't watching as closely as I should have been and bent a one of my stabilizers.
THedges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 12:35 PM   #5
BadmanRick

Plastic Levelers

I use Plastic Levelers to level and stabelize my TT. I hve two sets and the Flat Caps for them. They work great and you shuld be able to level and stabelize any situation. They are also very Light. Check the internet for the best prices.
BadmanRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:36 PM   #6
Outbackmel

Leveling

I also use a 3 tier plastic ramp from CW. Works like a charm. I do keep a set of boards available that could raise one side 2 to 3 inches if needed. Used them once. Generally the plastic ramp allows me to pull forward to even the rig out.
Outbackmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 12:41 PM   #7
The Sod Father

Lynx levelers are like giant Lego blocks. They are AWESOME. I carry two bags and have never had a problem. Plus, they are one of the few things left that are still made in the USA.

And as others have noted, do NOT try to level the trailer with your stabilizer jacks. Not only are they not intended for this use, you risk damaging your trailer's sub structure, door frames, windows, etc.
Tekonsha Prodigy playing the role of brake control
The Sod Father is offline   Reply With Quote