Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-25-2018, 10:39 AM   #1
corsavair1965

2017 Sprinter 332DEN roof waves (ripples)

Purchased new Sprinter mid October 2017. It is in covered storage and I have only used a few times and it has never been in rain. I was checking the roof today and noticed that the entire roof is covered with waves. Kind of like when throwing a rock in a pond and you get the ripples. Not sure if this will be a future problem but would appreciate comments on this.
Also not sure about the back rear panel of the trailer as I was installing a rear backup camera. Noticed that if I push on the fiberglass that it pushed in as though there is a space or void between it and the interior wall. This could be normal but once again if anyone knows if this is normal.
Thanks,
Larry
corsavair1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 01:09 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

I can't tell you that the roof TPO membrane ripples are "normal" or "not normal". Pictures may help. Some "ripples" will be visible where the OSB sheeting joins, some may be visible on a hot day. But you shouldn't have "deformity". In other words, some may be OK, but without knowing or seeing what you're seeing, it's difficult to say, "it's OK" or "you need to take this to the dealer for inspection".... Photos ????

As for the rear wall, the FILON sheeting on the rear wall is "free hanging" and is only attached at the top, bottom, sides and where windows, vents, lights or other fixtures are installed. So, you will see and feel a "floating" rear FILON panel. It will move in and out as you push on it. That's perfectly normal.

Oh, welcome to the forum, we're glad that you're here.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 02:06 PM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

Welcome to the forum! Are you in Granbury, TX? If so, has it been 105 like it has here in W TX? If so, and the trailer is in an enclosed storage facility heat very well may be causing your roof situation.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 03:16 PM   #4
corsavair1965

2017 sprinter 332den roof waves (ripples)

Thanks for the info. It is real hot here in Granbury, in fact several days of 100 plus temps. Sounds like my concerns were result of the heat here. I appreciate all inputs on this. I will probably take TT in to have it checked in near future prior to expiration of Warranty.
Thanks and regards to all,
Larry
corsavair1965 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roof, sprinter