Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 04-01-2017, 07:48 AM   #1
John&Genny

Does Anyone From Keystone Visit This Forum?

I was just curious if anyone from Keystone customer service ever visits this forum and posts to messages or questions? The reason I'm asking is before when Genny and I were looking for new RV's, we were looking at a Grand Design Reflection. I signed up on the Grand Design forum and was impressed that a factory rep would regularly reply to questions and other concerns that someone might have. It's always nice to know you are not alone and the manufacturer is listening.
John&Genny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 08:09 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

I've been a member for about 6 years, been reading the forum almost 9 years. I've never seen anyone from Keystone post a comment on the forum, never seen a membership application or member profile that lists a Keystone "connection" and never seen any documentation at Keystone's website, facebook page or in any advertisement that would indicate that they even acknowledge that this forum exists.

Note the disclaimer in red at the bottom of every forum page which states: "This forum is owned and operated by Social Knowledge, LLC. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Keystone RV Company and is not affiliated with the Keystone RV Company or its related companies in any way. Keystone RV® is a registered trademark of the Keystone RV Company."

Above is the "long answer" the "short answer" is" NO

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 08:45 AM   #3
Mandolin

It's (distantly) possibly that someone from Keystone might read the forum, but there is absolutely zero advantage to Keystone in replying. Look at how they handle their warranty work, generally only through an intermediary dealer and not with a customer directly.
Mandolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 09:28 AM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandolin View Post
It's (distantly) possibly that someone from Keystone might read the forum, but there is absolutely zero advantage to Keystone in replying. Look at how they handle their warranty work, generally only through an intermediary dealer and not with a customer directly.

Yes, I don't see them reviewing the site. I have been told directly by Keystone that they will not work with a customer directly; the dealer has to be involved.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 01:36 PM   #5
Thunder_SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Yes, I don't see them reviewing the site. I have been told directly by Keystone that they will not work with a customer directly; the dealer has to be involved.
This is wrong...

I purchased a new 5er last October, and I was having issues with the sound bar speaker. I contacted Keystone directly and they replaced the speaker without going thru the dealer.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk
Thunder_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 02:20 PM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder_SS View Post
This is wrong...

I purchased a new 5er last October, and I was having issues with the sound bar speaker. I contacted Keystone directly and they replaced the speaker without going thru the dealer.

Roger Miller said it best, way back in 1964: "First time for everything, my ears still ring, chug-a-lug, chug-a-lug"....

I wouldn't say that your experience is the norm, in fact, I'm quite surprised that they did anything for you. Consider yourself "special"......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 05:00 PM   #7
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder_SS View Post
This is wrong...

I would say that you are very lucky. I've communicated with them far, far more than a person should have to, and although they talk to you, I've never had them resolve a problem without the dealership. The contents of an email below was after multiple attempts to get the dealership to rectify a faulty slide without success, AND my offer to take the trailer to Indiana, at my expense, and have them fix the slide at full labor rates. The last sentence refers to the dealership as well.

""Dear Danny-
I am sorry, but yes the answer is yes it needs to go to a dealer. The unit needs to be reviewed at a dealership, and presented to Keystone for direction as to the repairs. This has never happened. You will not have to shop around the country for a dealer to address. It is recommended to find a dealership of your choice, and have them take a look at the slide, and present it to Keystone in a PreAuthorization with the complaint, cause, and correction. Keystone will then review, and give direction as to either it being something we would participate in, or a denial. They can also give direction as to the repairs.
Thank you,
Darcy Linton
Owner Relations Advisor

This is one of many emails I have from them related to various issues; they all refer me to the dealer with the exception of one instance when I involved the NHTSA - they did escalate me within their management team then but nothing spectacular happened.
Old 04-01-2017, 06:58 PM   #8
CaptnJohn

I'm not knocking or suggesting anything about FR but do visit their forum as well. The FR site has the same disclaimer has this one. There are at least 2 and I believe 3 or 4 factory reps that regularly visit the threads related to their specific line. They have offered suggestions, provided information, and more to owners online. One thing good (very good) about FR is their annual owners rally. Lots of good things happen best of all factory techs are there and make repairs at no charge and have scheduled some repairs at the factory. Give them 5 stars for that but it seems there are more problems both large and small. FR owners can go directly to FR and have parts sent directly to them. FR dealers no longer need to wait on parts from FR for warranty if they are available locally. FR has pre-authorized warranty repairs from outside sources ~ non dealers at times. If it sounds like FR is ahead of Keystone in customer service it could be because they have more experience.
There is at least one more Keystone owner that has contact with a factory rep and management. His Montana is at the factory now. I have not seen or heard of his problem here but there are over 500 posts about it on the Ford Truck Enthusiasts site.
My next 5er will be another Keystone product...

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 09:03 PM   #9
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnJohn View Post
I'm not knocking or suggesting anything about FR but do visit their forum as well. The FR site has the same disclaimer has this one. There are at least 2 and I believe 3 or 4 factory reps that regularly visit the threads related to their specific line. They have offered suggestions, provided information, and more to owners online. One thing good (very good) about FR is their annual owners rally. Lots of good things happen best of all factory techs are there and make repairs at no charge and have scheduled some repairs at the factory. Give them 5 stars for that but it seems there are more problems both large and small. FR owners can go directly to FR and have parts sent directly to them. FR dealers no longer need to wait on parts from FR for warranty if they are available locally. FR has pre-authorized warranty repairs from outside sources ~ non dealers at times. If it sounds like FR is ahead of Keystone in customer service it could be because they have more experience.
There is at least one more Keystone owner that has contact with a factory rep and management. His Montana is at the factory now. I have not seen or heard of his problem here but there are over 500 posts about it on the Ford Truck Enthusiasts site.
My next 5er will be another Keystone product...
I've had more than my share of problems with this trailer, but, my wife and I love it. We love the layout, the quality is far beyond the FR products we walked through as well as all the others. FR has, as some tell, their meetings and "one on ones" with members but I've read the same stories about them as what you read about Keystone. As I"ve said in the past, Keystone gives you the best floorplans, bar none, compared to the other manufacturers, the best quality and the best prices. My next one will be Keystone irregardless of the issues I've had.

Tags
keystone