Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-15-2017, 12:44 PM   #1
schmeg

Keystone warrantee

We will be planning a cross country trip this August and will be passing through Goshen. Our Fuzion will be 10 months old by then. Does anyone know if Keystone performs warrantee work right at the factory or do we need to use an authorized service center.
Old 01-15-2017, 01:23 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

To my knowledge, Keystone does not perform any warranty work at the factory. There are a couple of exceptions to that "pretty much hard and fast rule"... They do "cater" to Montana owners and have 4 full hookup sites just behind the Customer Service building designated as "Montana Overnight Facilities". So apparently they do some "customer satisfaction stuff" for Montana owners. Other than that, except for the occasional "return to the factory for rebuilding" of major problems, all the rest are "dealer service issues"....

If you're thinking about stopping by the factory to have a slide adjusted and a water pump looked at (or those kinds of issues) you can call Customer Service, but I'm pretty sure you'll be told to see your dealer for warranty work.

You might want to spend an afternoon at the factory and take in one of the "plant tours". They provide orientation tours for most of Keystone's brands, on different days and at different times. Most often, the tours are conducted AFTER the plant closes, so at best, you'll only see one or two people on overtime at the plant. That's more for insurance/safety concerns than "hiding the workers"..... It's an educational afternoon, that's for sure !!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 05:38 PM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

I have just went through this process last week (trying to take a trailer to the factory for a repair) and was told they will do nothing for an individual without it going through an authorized dealer and then that decision being made between the dealer and Keystone. You do not have an option "visit the factory" for a repair - and I offered to pay "premium" rates if they would.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 06:10 PM   #4
schmeg

Sounds good. Thanks for the info. Jay
Old 01-17-2017, 12:29 PM   #5
dcg9381

I've had factory warranty work done. To get it done, I had to go through 4 repair attempts at the dealer for one issue and call into question the dealer's work on another issue (loss of value). Before they would accept it back to the factory, Keystone sent a technical representative down to look at it while it was at the dealer and determine that the dealer was unable to make the necessary repairs. It took over a year to get the authorization - and a bit of a legal nudge... 220+ days in repair total.
dcg9381 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 05:00 PM   #6
Javi

Keystone has a warranty????.?

Javi
Old 01-17-2017, 05:15 PM   #7
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post

Javi
Javi...Javi....Of course they have a warranty. I've had good success with them but it takes a while And a lot of arm twisting
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 08:38 PM   #8
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post

Javi

They all do...some just require more agility (jumping through hoops). Keystone isn't the worst by far.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
keystone