Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 12-20-2016, 03:54 PM   #1
Barbieb

Newbee with a montana 3721RL

I purchased a 2017 montana 3721RL and I'm having a lot of trouble with it. Has anyone else having furnace, air conditioner, carpet or water running from the air return inside unit trouble lol My Big concern is why are we having so much corrosion in the unit? The furnace is fired and never used and the zone 1 air unit is all corroded. What could cause this in a Brand new unit??
Barbieb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 04:05 PM   #2
66joej

Welcome to the site from Radium Hot Springs BC.
As your unit is still relatively new is should still have warranty. I would first contact your dealer but failing that there are some very knowledgable people on this site and I'm sure will see your post.
66joej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 04:19 PM   #3
14george

to the fourm from W Va
Old 12-20-2016, 04:21 PM   #4
Barbieb

Thanks! Yeah I've been in contact with Keystone and the dealership... We are living in it at this time which is making it extremely hard. I was hoping we could get a mobile service to fix all but its not looking like its in or favor.
Old 12-29-2016, 08:19 PM   #5
denhammkc

Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbieb View Post
I purchased a 2017 montana 3721RL and I'm having a lot of trouble with it. Has anyone else having furnace, air conditioner, carpet or water running from the air return inside unit trouble lol My Big concern is why are we having so much corrosion in the unit? The furnace is fired and never used and the zone 1 air unit is all corroded. What could cause this in a Brand new unit??
We bought ours in August from Camping World. Your issues are a little generalized but here ya go.
Water leaking from AC- there are a couple of holes in the base plate of AC unit that are over the opening in the roof for the return air, when when the water comes off the cooling coils it can leak into the roof through those holes, FILL hole with silicone caulk. Also check for the temp sensor that is supposed to be pushed into the cooling coils, if it came out (not put it to start) the coils can partly or totally freeze over creating lack of cooling and excessive water drainage.(see pic)
If you have airflow issues could be the freezing up or the ceiling vents are not tape correctly. (see pic)
Furnace ? I found torn and loose heater hoses underneath in the basement area. Pull off the 2 wall panels in the basement that are on the rear wall side and look in there it is jacked up let me tell you. Also when you have the wall panel off look at the door side of the compartment and under where the water heated is there is A HUGE HOLE OPEN TO THE OUTSIDE. It opens out to the frame area that is hidden by the skirting, a small animal would have no trouble finding its way into the RV. If you put your hand by the opening around the leveling jack just in front of the door you will be able to feel cold air (your AC) coming out. I sealed that hole as well as other huge open spaces that allowed access to the interior of the coach from the under belly. (see pic) The attached pic was taken facing forward through an opening in the plastic under belly where I pulled it away from the frame.
I also found hidden in the underbelly: EVERY holding tank was loose in the framing that held them in(I removed adjusted and reattached all) / there are openings at the rear in the underbelly that would allow animal access / the 50 amp power supply wire had a screw through it just a matter of time before it would have shorted it out / 2 switches in the control panel were wire wrong (cap light wired to security switch etc.) Plus more.

I have come to expect substandard craftsmanship.
I NEVER take my RV to a repair shop, I fix it myself, sure it is under warranty but I don't like to leave my RV for weeks/months at a time to get it back. That and a host of other reasons I am a DIY guy.

Private message me for more or reply, good luck.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	4SMALL.JPG
Views:	182
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	11675   Click image for larger version

Name:	3SMALL.JPG
Views:	178
Size:	24.5 KB
ID:	11676   Click image for larger version

Name:	7SMALL.JPG
Views:	171
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	11677  
Old 12-30-2016, 02:05 PM   #6
Barbieb

Thank you so much I will show these pics and all the info to my husband...So is yours a 3721rl also?

Tags
montana