Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-21-2016, 05:33 PM   #1
dwdlt

First Trip out with new 314RE

Wife and I took our new 314RE out for the first time this past weekend. We were completely impressed with the trailer. There were minor things that we discovered, but all and all we are satisfied with the purchase.

I did find that there were some minor issues on the sealant on the roof that I missed on the PDI, but that was nothing that I could not take care off myself.

When we did the PDI last week, we were incredibly thorough, and we did find a few things. (accept for the few spots we missed on the roof) The dealer fixed all before we signed on the dotted line.

With that said, we are very satisfied with the trailer.
2022 Cougar 27 SGS
dwdlt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 06:01 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

That's great news! Even us seasoned pro's have been known to miss some things, glad they were only minor.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 04:34 AM   #3
steveh326

thanks great to hear ! glad you like your new unit. my wife and I have settled on a 314re for our next camper. the floorplan seems to be tailor made for us.
steveh326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 08:32 AM   #4
JimDogs

Good to read that you are impressed with that trailer! The missus & I have yet to get out with ours, but she did sleep in there last night! I have noticed on mine that the ceiling trim is over-lapped in 3 places. I'll get my trimmer out to correct that issue. Congrats on your first of many trips!
JimDogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 08:07 PM   #5
wayfun

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDogs View Post
Good to read that you are impressed with that trailer! The missus & I have yet to get out with ours, but she did sleep in there last night! I have noticed on mine that the ceiling trim is over-lapped in 3 places. I'll get my trimmer out to correct that issue. Congrats on your first of many trips!
If she made it the whole night she did better than we did. When we brought our 322RL home we decided to "test" it while we had it at home so we went out to sleep in it one night. The mattress was so uncomfortable we didn't make it 2 hours before we went into the house. I ordered a memory foam mattress from Amazon and took the original one to Goodwill. Love the new mattress. We've been in the trailer for 3 months now and dread going home to our "expensive" mattress.

Dennis
wayfun is offline   Reply With Quote