Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-14-2014, 12:26 PM   #1
BAMBAM

Bedroom TV mount

Just got my Fuzion Impact 303 i have been searching forum with no results the TV in the bedroom has elec and cable outlets on ceiling i want to put tv mount on wall and there is no sticker to tell me where. Called the dealer and they told me they would take down paneling to see if there was a location (like i wanted my new trailer torn apart) i then emailed keystone and guy got back to me and said contact dealer or mount it where sticker says i told him there was no sticker he then said get a stud finder and look for mass if not he didn't know where. i then asked him are these built off a blueprint he should be able to look at that and get me some info still waiting to hear back.
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 01:56 PM   #2
scott24

We looked at that when we looked at campers at a dealer. I tapped on the wall and you can definalty tell if theres a mounting plate behind the wall. Its a solid sound when tapping.
Old 10-14-2014, 02:17 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
Just got my Fuzion Impact 303 i have been searching forum with no results the TV in the bedroom has elec and cable outlets on ceiling i want to put tv mount on wall and there is no sticker to tell me where. Called the dealer and they told me they would take down paneling to see if there was a location (like i wanted my new trailer torn apart) i then emailed keystone and guy got back to me and said contact dealer or mount it where sticker says i told him there was no sticker he then said get a stud finder and look for mass if not he didn't know where. i then asked him are these built off a blueprint he should be able to look at that and get me some info still waiting to hear back.
There are engineering drawings that were created when the original designs for the trailer series was produced. Those engineering drawings were/are modified as a window location is changed or as a door is moved to a different place in the sidewall. The drawings are available, but not to the customer service telephone representative in the front office. That kind of data is "down on the assembly line and in the engineering department, not up front by the phone bank, so it's not surprising that the CS rep would tell you that they would have to find the information and return your call.

If you think about it, Keystone produces 27 different brands of RV and each brand has at least 10 different models, so that's 270 current sets of blueprints that would need to be available plus all the models that were phased out throughout the years, so you're talking literally hundreds of copies of different blueprints, and they would need to be "complete sets" not just the bedroom sidewall, since customers would probably call with questions concerning more than just "where is my TV bulkhead located?". There are a number of calls daily concerning, plumbing runs, electrical runs, "where's my water pump?" "where's my black tank flush valve?" "where's my furnace model number?" and the list goes on and on...

I don't know of many of us who would want to take on the job of answering calls from frustrated owners who can't get their dealership to answer questions and decide in our "angry state of mind" to call the factory and get to the bottom of this frustration...... Their job isn't as simple as just picking up a blueprint and telling you how many inches it is from the closest window.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 04:26 PM   #4
BAMBAM

That being said i am in the auto repair business there are many different makes of autos out there with many different models but every day i must repair them. This is the age of computers i use them every day to answer questions and make repairs when you buy a trailer that is not cheap by any means and there is no stickers or owners manual to tell you anything you should be ready for questions
BAMBAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 05:19 PM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

You may have that expectation, but you won't find any of the RV manufacturers that provide that kind of "ready information" to consumers at the customer service desk. It may be a focal point to start an inquiry for information, but you won't usually obtain information from the CS reps...

Being in the auto repair business for many years, you should well know that if you call the "800" number in the Ford owner's manual and speak to a customer service rep in Flat Rock, Michigan about a particular diesel engine problem, the only response you'll get is the canned: "Your local Ford service department has your best interests in mind, please contact them for answers to your questions."

True, there are "repair manuals" available complete with troubleshooting guides and repair information. They are available from most car manufacturers, but I don't know of any garage that buys them on every model car/truck produced. They rely on the "past experience of the serviceman (auto mechanic) to stay "up to date" on the changing industry. Additionallly, most of the manuals available to the general public are not produced by the manufacturers, but by third party technical writing companies who make a significant profit from books such as Norton or Motor Repair Manual. The auto manufacturers keep their vehicle information very close to their chest until the "right time". Case in point, the vehicle specifications for the 2015 F150. Any idea what the payload will be? Nobody outside Ford does either.

Remember that there are well over 250 million registered motor vehicles in the US. In 2009 there were a total of about 9 million RV's of all kinds in the US. It's pretty easy to see that the "lucrative aftermarket technology business" would tend to focus on writing manuals for cars and trucks, not RV's. The RV manufacturers are making enough money from the sale of their products, they see no reason to increase profits by marketing a book about how to repair their RV. And quite honestly, until you see the aftermarket writers get onboard, there probably won't be any comprehensive repair manuals available. There just isn't enough demand to make it a profitable business. As for the Keystone factory CS rep answering questions, if they are "generic questions" the CS rep will usually look up the answer in the owner's manual or in the current year brochure, but if the question is about a technical, electrical, plumbing or performance nature, they almost always, without hesitation, refer the customer to his dealership for answers. They will, sometimes answer questions related to warranty, but again, almost always, they have only one side of the question and must discuss the "other side" with the dealership before committing Keystone to anything, so again, they almost always refer to the dealership for specific information.

Realistically, almost all the repairs on an RV can be performed by a competent "shade tree" mechanic who has a broad knowledge of carpentry and is a general "all around handyman". The few things that are out of that realm of expertise are probably better left to the dealer's service facility rather than "winging it with a troubleshooting block logic guide" anyway.

Honestly, finding a stud in wall of an RV is a pretty basic task. There really shouldn't be any big deal about locating one. As stated by another poster earlier in this thread, "I tapped on the wall and you can definalty tell if theres a mounting plate behind the wall." <spelling errors left verbatim>

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 04:12 AM   #6
filmtex
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAMBAM View Post
Punctuation is your friend!
filmtex is offline   Reply With Quote