Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 08-15-2014, 02:26 PM   #1
dirt33

Oak Creek RV Park - Weatherford, TX (park is 30-40 minutes west of Fort Worth)

Just wanted to let others know that if you are passing through DFW on I-20, Oak Creek RV Park west of Weatherford is a great place to stay. I don't work there and have no stake in the park, I merely like to pass the word when I find a great park.

Park is about 6 years old, all paved (wide) roads and sites. Rate is $35 a night. Good wifi and cable TV. They have a nice pool with hot tub. The main building at the front of the ground has 3 hotel rooms in the upper level, I always thought that would be a neat way for multiple members of a family (or friends) to stay, anyone that may not have an RV could stay in the hotel rooms which would be a very short walk to the RV spots.

This park is right off of I-20 "out in the country" several miles west of town. There is road noise, but I haven't considered it bothersome at all either of the times I have stayed there. The park is large enough that you could get pretty far away from I-20 if the noise was a concern.

While I wouldn't give a "10" to very many RV parks, this one is a solid 9 in my opinion. It feels very relaxed and easy going. There are a fair number of people living there, but everything is kept in good shape, I didn't see any old units or scary looking things.

Again, just wanted to give a thumbs up to a good park, I haven't seen it get a ton of use during my stays, I am hoping business will pick up for them (or maybe it is already better than what I assume it is)?
dirt33 is offline   Reply With Quote