Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Old 06-13-2014, 08:51 PM   #1
mom2budnbug

Some camping laughter

Our weekend was filled with a bit of laughter from minor mishaps...

1. The struts on our bed are so strong, that we put a latch to keep the mattress from popping up on its own. DH forgot to latch it before getting into bed. All of a sudden he is saying, "mommy, I need some help." I found him all tucked in with his feet and legs up in the air with the mattress. Still laughing at this one.

2. We completely ran out of battery power. My trip to the bathroom in the middle of the night got my son laughing. I could not see anything, but knew I was headed in the right direction. Did some feeling around the walls to figure where I was. I start rubbing what I was thinking was the bathroom door. My son asks, "Mom, what are you doing?" "I am trying to find the doorknob," I say. "You are at the fridge. You need to move over another foot."

We aren't sure why we ran out of battery power so quickly on a two night trip, but weren't the only ones. Friend's Bullet also lost battery power the same night. Next time, the generator is going.

2003 Silverado 4wd Xcab 2500HD Duramax
2014 Bullet 230BHSWE
mom2budnbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 10:31 PM   #2
So Cal CPA

Both very funny! I can picture both happening very easy too.

Our bed struts are pretty strong....but i never once imagined that could happen.
Old 06-16-2014, 05:38 AM   #3
Kristi

Glad you had a good weekend, the mishaps are what make it memorable!

Kristi & Jeff
2014 Cougar 313 rli
2013 F350 king ranch
2014 passport 2650bh (sold)
2009 GMC 2500HD 6.6L 4X4 (sold)
Kristi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 05:57 AM   #4
I.plod

Check the pass through

Too funny!

We ran our battery down the first night too, come to find out, something had bumped the switch in the pass through and the light was on the whole time.
I.plod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2014, 06:33 AM   #5
Pmedic4

Running out of battery power

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2budnbug View Post
Our weekend was filled with a bit of laughter

2. We completely ran out of battery power. My trip to the bathroom in the middle of the night got my son laughing. I could not see anything, but knew I was headed in the right direction. Did some feeling around the walls to figure where I was. I start rubbing what I was thinking was the bathroom door. My son asks, "Mom, what are you doing?" "I am trying to find the doorknob," I say. "You are at the fridge. You need to move over another foot."

We aren't sure why we ran out of battery power so quickly on a two night trip, but weren't the only ones. Friend's Bullet also lost battery power the same night. Next time, the generator is going.
Have you considered changing some of the light bulbs out to LED bulbs? While a single light isn't very high wattage ( 15-20 watts), the LED bulbs are 3-5 watts, so you would eliminate about 75% of your lighting draw. Obviously 1 or 2 lights isn't going to make much difference, it is amazing how many lights our RVs have and how much you can save with replacing 4 or 5 light fixtures with LEDs. Made a difference for us, and with brighter light.

Look up some of the other posts on LEDs and boon docking.

2017 Cougar 333MKS
2015 RAM 3500 HD with 6.4L

Pmedic4 is offline   Reply With Quote