Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service/Support Kudos
Click Here to Login

Old 05-02-2014, 11:47 PM   #1
Ken / Claudia

Curtis trailer in Ptld did warranty work

The suburban furnace was tested with spring check out by me and would not stay on. It would start and afew minutes shut down. I checked everything else propane and all others worked. I looked at the furnace manual and it has a 2 year warranty. I phoned Curtis got a appointment, They pulled it out and found the ground wire broken by a fan blade and the board was no good. They said it was unknown if the broken wire fried the board. No charges to me, they billed suburban. I got the trailer back in 4 days. Again great service.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 05:19 AM   #2
Javi

Always nice to hear a success story about this industry, all too often it's the other way around.
Javi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 09:04 AM   #3
GaryWT

Sounds good, stay warm. A lot of us might be using more heat than usual this year.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 10:56 AM   #4
Andymon

Curtis has always gotten good reviews. Some friends of mine bought a used trailer from them. they did a walk through and everything seemed good to go. got it home and after camping one weekend, they discovered several problems. they called Curtis and they siad bring it in. the fixed everything at no charge.

08 Springdale 266RLSS
99 F250 PS 7.3 Diesel
Medford, OR
Andymon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 11:20 AM   #5
cjm

I bought mine there, i'm Canadian. Great sales, great service!
cjm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 06:54 AM   #6
BeaverRZR

Have bought 2 brand new trailers from Curtis and referred several to buy there. Wouldnt go anywhere else.
Old 08-08-2014, 11:41 AM   #7
berg

So far I am having a different experience with Curtis. Problem with a slideout, gearbox on the motor sounds shot. They said Friday morning 8am appt and they'd get into it. I dropped it off Thurs the night before at closing time to speed the process. Explained that we have another trip coming up shortly so the sooner we know what's going on the better.

Called Monday afternoon to check in- haven't touched the trailer. Two days and nothing? They'll get back to me the next morning. Next morning - nothing.

Called Tuesday afternoon to check in- haven't touched the trailer.

Called Wednesday morning to check in- they might get it in that afternoon, if not then the next day. Nothing to report.

Called Thursday morning to check in- service desk wasn't sure, said the trailer was moved "out back" because they had too many rigs parked. Claimed that's what was taking so long for them to get to it??? Admitted- their fault and would call me right back when the tech checked in for his 9am shift. Never happened.

Called Friday - asked specifically to talk to the manager. Explained the situation and the sense of urgency since it's basically been sitting there a week untouched and all the promises to call back never came true. Warranty paperwork is in progress, pending. No idea how long it will take. Said he will call me back in about an hour. Guess what.....

So the multi-generation family campout next week that has been planned and reserved since last November is up in the air now. They have 3 days to pull it together and make it happen or I'm screwed. Real nice....