Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-11-2014, 06:22 AM   #1
Raptor3018

patio ramp

Hi all new to the board. Have thought of installing cables onto my ramp to use as a patio ramp, as well as making the patio en closer at a later date. Would like to know if anyone as attempted any of these two things

Jim
Raptor3018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 08:07 AM   #2
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor3018 View Post
Hi all new to the board. Have thought of installing cables onto my ramp to use as a patio ramp, as well as making the patio en closer at a later date. Would like to know if anyone as attempted any of these two things

Jim
Jim check out this tread http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/sho...highlight=ramp

If link does not work do a search for "RAMP" \

Quick response the ramps that are supported by cables and used as a patio on our Raptors are reinforced ramps
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 02:17 PM   #3
ocho

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARAPTOR View Post
Jim check out this tread http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/sho...highlight=ramp

If link does not work do a search for "RAMP" \

Quick response the ramps that are supported by cables and used as a patio on our Raptors are reinforced ramps
I called Keystone and asked them this exact question. They suggested I buy the reinforced door if I was going to do that. Heres my thought on that. That Unreinforced door has a 3000lb limitation. I roll and 850 lb Harley and a 900 lb golf cart up it. When we camp and the weather is nice, we place a picnic table under the ramp door to make the patio.

Im not sure I would add cable because they will be bolted to the frame around the door. That's where you might run into problems. I don't think the stock door frame will support it and may twist.

Just my thoughts.
ocho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 02:48 PM   #4
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocho View Post
I called Keystone and asked them this exact question. They suggested I buy the reinforced door if I was going to do that. Heres my thought on that. That Unreinforced door has a 3000lb limitation. I roll and 850 lb Harley and a 900 lb golf cart up it. When we camp and the weather is nice, we place a picnic table under the ramp door to make the patio.

Im not sure I would add cable because they will be bolted to the frame around the door. That's where you might run into problems. I don't think the stock door frame will support it and may twist.

Just my thoughts.
For what its worth, I was initially interested in a 2012 Raptor Velocity with out the rear patio option (reinforced ramp and patio rails). Later decided I would like to have that option, Dealer called Keystone and was told that the rear patio is not a dealer installed option, basically Factory Installed Only. Went to another Dealer and purchased an in stock 2013 with rear patio option. I would assume that at a minimum the frame is stronger and had heard that they also did something the strengthen the patio floor. If I recall the rear patio has a max capacity of 1500 LBs.

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
Old 03-12-2014, 02:16 AM   #5
crash

Sorry I cannt help you on that one our Raptor came with the rear and side patio deck kits and we love them both so do our dogs
2008 F350 chipped and bagged 6.4 power stroke crew cab 4x4.2013 384pk Raptor (Gravy Train) 2006 Fatboy w/18inch ape hangers,2006 883c sporty,Army wife Kim,Cocoa (The Boarder Collie) and Rebel (The English Bulldog) (THE RICH RAGE WAR,BUT ITS THE POOR THAT DIE)
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 10:40 AM   #6
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash View Post
Sorry I cannt help you on that one our Raptor came with the rear and side patio deck kits and we love them both so do our dogs
X2 the GSD's also enjoy the rear patio !!! Really opens up the unit

Also glad we upgraded to get the patio option.

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)