Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-16-2013, 03:39 AM   #1
xray350

sofa sleeper problem for 2004 Montana

I just bought a 2004 Montana 2980RL. The sofa sleeper will not fold out all the way, as the foot end lands on the edge of the kitchen island. It appears to be all original and slide is fully extended. Am I doing something wrong. I verified couch is in right location for floorplan. Please help!
xray350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:03 AM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

Can you move the couch closer to the slide wall or is the window valance in the way?????
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 11:19 PM   #3
xray350

Hankpage, No, the couch is all the way against the wall. I didn't know if maybe the frame of the sleeper is too long or maybe unfolding incorrectly? The head end of the frame has an upward curving part that ends up against the sofa's back cushions. Is this correct or should it go behind those cushions when it's unfolded?
Old 11-17-2013, 03:07 AM   #4
outwest

On sleeper sofa our Open Range had, the back cushions had to be removed to unfold it.

2012 Keystone Vantage 32FLS
outwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 07:37 AM   #5
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray350 View Post
Hankpage, No, the couch is all the way against the wall. I didn't know if maybe the frame of the sleeper is too long or maybe unfolding incorrectly? The head end of the frame has an upward curving part that ends up against the sofa's back cushions. Is this correct or should it go behind those cushions when it's unfolded?
I removed the metal frame from our sofa to gain more storage. If it is the same as ours the rear cushions are not removable and the bar you mention did come up in front of the back as yours does. The only thing I can think of is it may be possible to move the metal frame back inside the sofa about one inch, if that will solve your problem. There are four wood screws on each side holding it in place. I hope you solve your problem, Hank

The rear of the couch just lifts off so there is some free-play in it. You may gain a little space by pushing it harder against the wall. JM2˘
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 04:12 AM   #6
xray350

You're correct in that my back cushions are not removable. I will try to move frame. Not sure about how the rear lifts off, but I'll look at that too. Thank you.
Old 12-05-2013, 02:08 PM   #7
GreginOklahoma

I have a 2003 3280RL that has the same problem..
GreginOklahoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 03:30 AM   #8
xray350

Ok, so after finally getting some time to try, I did attempt moving frame to no avail. I then measured length of bed frame and space for it to be folded out onto. There is not even close to enough room. The frame is nearly 6" too long. It appears perhaps Keystone put wrong sofa in? The sofa matches fabric thoughout unit and says on tag it's for Montana. I'm thinking it may have been for larger unit? Does anyone else have an '04 Montana 2980rl that can tell me what sofa type they have and the furniture configuration?
Old 01-03-2014, 06:41 AM   #9
airforceret

I would guess the original sofa sleeper was worn out and they swapped out one that matched the interior, but was not original to the unit.
2001 Wrangler (Moab Rock Crawler) / 2008 Can Am Outlander 400 4x4
airforceret is offline   Reply With Quote