Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 11-10-2013, 08:35 AM   #1
Quad

St Andrews State Park, FL

My wife and I are taking the kids to St Andrews SP campground next June and were wondering if any one has been there recently and how they enjoyed it. Also and family sites or activities that are fun to do while we are down there?
Old 11-10-2013, 11:45 AM   #2
kmc58

You and your family will enjoy Panama City. We camped last July at Raccoon River Campground -- St. Andrews was full -- and had a wonderful time. Everyone found something to occupy their time.....Husband and I rode the motorcycle up and down the coast, my daughter and friend played golf at one of the many beautiful golf courses there, and my son, his wife, and their 5 year old daughter took in the Butterfly Museum, Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum, Gulf World Marine Park, and the Shipwreck Island Water Park. We all enjoyed the beach!! We rode through the State Park and it is gorgeous. Lots of people kayaking and fishing. You will not run out of something to do! Have Fun
kmc58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 05:43 PM   #3
fla-gypsy

Panama City Beach is a great spot for a vacation. I have many fond memories of St Andrews SP having been there many times. What disappoints me is the lack of maintenance the park does on the facilities and infrastructure. The beach is fabulous but natural conditions can change from time to time and spoil the beauty of it such as a phenomena they call june grass which clouds the water and gets all over you. This past summer they had unusual amounts of rain (30-40") in a short time which turned the water to swamp water from the run off. When conditions are right it may be one of the best beaches in the world. PCB is loaded with fun things to do and places to dine. I can give you some site recommendations if needed.