Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 10-09-2013, 07:03 PM   #1
Mac805

DISH Receiver install

We have a Fuzion 342 and have been told by our local Camping World that there is no place to put receivers for a Dish install (or Direct) as the cabinets are too small. Has anyone had the same issue? We contacted our Keystone dealer and things would have to be BUILT/added on to accomplish this. Crazy!
Mac805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 08:15 AM   #2
ctpd814

I noticed this also. I use a dish dual receiver. The dual receiver controls tv1 through IR and tv2 through RF. I hooked the receiver to the satellite hook-up behind the tv and placed the receiver on its side behind the tv and hooked the tv to the tv2 output on the receiver. I then push the tv back in(the tv sticks out but is hardly noticeable). This way I can control the satellite with the RF remote. If I am watching one of the other tvs, I hook the tv2 output to the antenna hook-up. This transmits signal to all of the other tvs in the unit and since I am using the RF remote I can control the satellite from anywhere even outside.

Here is my plan for the off season.

I plan on placing the receiver on its side in the cabinet above the tv and drilling a hole in the bottom to give me access to the hook-ups and power supply (adding a power strip for extra outlets).

I will hook the main tv to the tv1 output and hook the tv2 output to the antenna hook-up. This way we will be able to watch the main tv and another tv at the same time.

I plan on using an IR repeater (something like this: http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...uctId=20198406) to control tv1 so I can keep the cabinet door closed.

This should keep everything clean looking and function well.
2 Wieners Maddie and Mollie
ctpd814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 10:02 AM   #3
04z71

where did you guys mount the satellite. my springdale connection is way in the back and it looks like ill have to make a custom tube mounted to the side and then mount the dish to the pole when i park. anyone have any suggestions
04z71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:19 PM   #4
BeaverRZR

As stated above, I also put the receiver on its side right behind the TV and you dont even know its there. Remote hooks up with it just fine.
Old 10-15-2013, 03:25 AM   #5
ctpd814

04z71

I have my dish mounted on a tripod with 50'of coax. With this you can move it were needed.
2 Wieners Maddie and Mollie
ctpd814 is offline   Reply With Quote