Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-04-2013, 03:44 PM   #1
81SHOVELHEAD

Picked it up today( 2014 Cougar 28 RLS)

Well ya'll we finally got our new Cougar sitting in our driveway .
Printed the PDI & let tech Know I will be using this document as we did the walk through .
Tech was very Knowledgeable & walked us through everything on the list.
No issues anywhere to be found ( loose screws, doors not properly aligned. No Plumbing leaks all lights,tv,radio ,pump, refridge,air conditioner all working as should be ,Did the switch from propane to AC on Domestic fridge & saw no issues .
DW & I have been searching for a year now for the perfect floor plan for the 2 of us & the Mini Snauzer & the 28RLS fits the bill nicely .
Only thing I didn't do was check out the roof but asked the tech if it was checked out.
Since I was having a 2nd AC installed & had vent covers installed tech assured me all the seams & roof vents were properly sealed .(will get out the ladder & check it tomorrow ).
The tech installing the brake controller& equalizer 4 point hitch was also very knowledgeable & in my opinion had it set just correctly .
Also I never thought this would happen but since salesman new we never own a travel trailer he took us for a drive down the freeway driving my truck, camper in tow .
As we were driving he was explaining all the do's & don'ts towing a 31 ft. travel trailer .He even fine tuned the brake controller . I have to say the 2500 Hemi was not even breathing hard & the equalizer hitch was awesome .
We pulled in to a big parking lot( furniture store out of business) & let me practice my backing & we got on the freeway heading back to the dealer .
Never once did I feel like I was not in control of TT or TV.
So a big Kudos to Holiday world of Houston & Keystone RV's for building a quality product that DW & I hope to enjoy for many years .
Also I would like to thank everyone here that has helped me with sound advice over the Past year .
So with all the rambling done I hope to have pictures posted in the next day or 2 .
Thanks again you guys are great.
Mike D.
81SHOVELHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:15 PM   #2
lightning79

Nice to hear about a helpful dealer like that. Looking forward to pics, I had to look up that model on the Keystone site, and that's the exact floorplan I like!
Old 10-05-2013, 02:47 AM   #3
zuley

Sounds like a very positive experience. Congrats and enjoy!!
zuley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 06:26 AM   #4
PT RV`er

Congrats on the new toy. I was supposed to pick up my new Passport 32FB today but thanks to TS Karen, it`s been put on hold till Monday. Today is beautiful. Have fun and I`m also looking forward to pictures.
PT RV`er is offline   Reply With Quote