Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 08-26-2013, 05:29 PM   #1
bwright

Generator

The wife and I will be heading out Friday for the start of College Football this weekend in our new Laredo 296RL for our first experience at RV tailgating. We will need a generator as there will be no hookups and settled on the Champion 75531i 3100 watt inverter after researching and reading a lot of feedback and comments.

I cranked it up today and tried it out and it powered up the A/C with no problem. I was surprised at how quiet this unit is, however, it is almost exactly the same decibal rating as the comparable Yamaha or Honda. The price was right too as Camping World has it on sale right now. I will run it this week to get my 5 hours of runtime and change the oil before we head out on Friday.

I will let you all know how well it works this weekend after we return.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	generator.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	4026  

2015 Montana High Country 353RL
2016 Ford F-350 6.7L Powerstroke
bwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:17 PM   #2
Jim Dow

Quiet?

For comparable power output, the Honda SuperQuiet (model si) is definitely quieter than any brand I have tried; and I currently have 7 generators of various brands for my business.
Jim Dow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:18 PM   #3
bwright

Tailgating with Generatr

Well, our first weekend of RV Tailgating was absolutely wonderful. The Champion generator worked flawlessly. Got about 6 hrs of run time at night with the a/c running. I would recommend this generator to anyone looking for something in this size.

Only four more days until we head back down for the 2nd game of the College Football season.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	4068  

2015 Montana High Country 353RL
2016 Ford F-350 6.7L Powerstroke
bwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:24 PM   #4
vwags

Awesome that you had a great time. We just got back from dropping our daughter off at college and we towed out because her orientation was all weekend. We are too close to justify a hotel but didn't want to drive the hour home and then back again in the morning. The weatherman said it was going to be about 95 during the day but cool off at night into the 60's so I left our generator at home. Well lets say the weatherman was wrong. It was still 85 at 6am. My DW and I didn't sleep very well at all. Next weekend trip to the school is October. Do we commute or camp...TBD
vwags is offline   Reply With Quote