Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Old 08-15-2013, 05:15 AM   #21
BeerCan

I just recently replaced the shocks on my 2013 F350. It is not quite 6 months old and I have ~20k miles on it. Some of those miles are at max GCVWR.

I ended up getting a good deal on Rancho rs7000mt's I was choosing between these, fox and bilsteins. What really put it over the top was that everywhere on their website they make you feel like they are made in the USA. It is at the bottom of every page -- go look http://www.gorancho.com/

Guess what, not made in the USA. Sticker on the end of the box proclaims "Made in Canada". Don't get me wrong, I buy foreign stuff all the time, but when I have a choice I buy domestically. Basically I feel Rancho is duping people and this aggravates me more than most. I could have returned the shocks but my friend did me a favor and I don't want to be a jerk over country of manufacture BS. I might think about the 90 day ride guarantee however. Anyway /rant off

The shocks were pretty easy to replace, took me a little over an hour to do all 4. The ride seems better, not OMG better but a little more controlled. I will update as I get some miles on them.

Interesting to note that both of my rear shocks appeared to be leaking already. They were also very easy for me to collapse by hand, the Ranchos were much more difficult. Ford appears to be using pretty much junk shocks.
BeerCan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 08:27 AM   #22
concours

I guess we can only use recommendations from forums such as this one before we make purchases. I tend to avoid items made in China etc. but who really knows where products are really made and to what quality standards. Case in question many of our shocks that where supposedly made in the USA did not stand up to the job
Mor/Ryde XFactor and Wet Bolts
1982 BMW R100
concours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:07 AM   #23
JRTJH
Site Team

Beercan,

The FX4 package on my new Superduty includes Rancho shocks as a factory installed item. There's no indication on the shocks as to where they were manufactured, but they were installed in Lexington KY on the assembly line.

It looks like Ford (along with Keystone and most others) uses "lowest bid" components in many of their products as standard items. There are 3 grades of Rancho shocks, I wonder which ones Ford installs in the FX4 package? Hmmmmm

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:07 AM   #24
concours

I would think that if you could ever get the true answer to that question you would find that there are more than 3 grades. Life seems to be full of non stop upgrades.
Mor/Ryde XFactor and Wet Bolts
1982 BMW R100
concours is offline   Reply With Quote