Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 04-12-2013, 02:47 PM   #21
Lost

Were planning on going up north the 16th of may ... I hope the snow is gone by then!!!
Old 04-12-2013, 07:27 PM   #22
JRTJH
Site Team

Lost,

I hear what you're saying and I also am ready to get rid of this white stuff. A group of family and friends always camp at a lake near Republic, Michigan for opening weekend of bass season. That is Memorial Day weekend and in years past, we've had to chip ice off the boat ramp and break ice on the water to get the boats in. Once in, we have always been able to get to open water and fish. Normally, ice on the lake breaks up around mid April, but this weekend, they are still ice fishing on it. Doesn't look good for open water in 5 weeks, but we'll see.

Heck, if we can't get boats in the water, we can always use the ice to keep our adult beverages cool

One good thing about all of this, Mushroom picking won't interfere with walleye or bass opening weekends this year

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:01 PM   #23
TAZ23

Here in Wisconsin our Walleye opener is the first Saturday in May and this year it looks like I may need to use my ice auger to find water.
TAZ23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 04:30 AM   #24
iamrwnut

I so want to dewinterize the TT and hit a campground but I am afraid that I would have to rewinterize. The temps here in MidMichigan have been consistently 10-15 degf below normal. There is a lot I want to do with the TT, but it's too cold to pull out of storage. Wish I was happy, happy, happy....Jack!.. Sorry for mixing Phil and Si isms for the Duck Dynasty fans out there.

Rob, Sheryl and Bear (border collie/basset hound)
2008 Laredo 311RL TT
2004 Silverado 2500 6.0L 2wd
US Navy 1982-1995
Homebrewer
BBQ fanatic
iamrwnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:45 AM   #25
Lost

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamrwnut View Post
I so want to dewinterize the TT and hit a campground but I am afraid that I would have to rewinterize. The temps here in MidMichigan have been consistently 10-15 degf below normal. There is a lot I want to do with the TT, but it's too cold to pull out of storage. Wish I was happy, happy, happy....Jack!.. Sorry for mixing Phil and Si isms for the Duck Dynasty fans out there.
I hear what your saying. I too want to unwinterize my 5er and my boat and get out camping and fishing. But I know not to do it before May and this year I'm wondering about that time frame. Michigan weather has it's own time frame
Old 04-13-2013, 01:55 PM   #26
iamrwnut

Last year in early May we had hard freezes after a really warm March, so never trust Michigan weather.

Rob, Sheryl and Bear (border collie/basset hound)
2008 Laredo 311RL TT
2004 Silverado 2500 6.0L 2wd
US Navy 1982-1995
Homebrewer
BBQ fanatic
iamrwnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:43 PM   #27
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamrwnut View Post
Last year in early May we had hard freezes after a really warm March, so never trust Michigan weather.
That is right. Last year the cherry trees and apple trees were in bloom when those May freezes killed most everything. The Traverse City Cherry Festival which is timed for when the cherry harvest is in full swing had to import cherries from Poland to have enough fruit to support the festival's activities. We saw honeycrisp and Braeburn apples triple in price at the farmer's markets and roadside stands around here. Even then, there weren't enough to sell. Even the wild apple trees that we often hunt under were baren this year. So far, none of the fruit trees have started budding, so hopefully there's a better shot at having some cherries and apples to harvest this year.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote