Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 03-21-2013, 09:03 AM   #1
dandjh1958

Heading out to the Oregon Coast!

It's been 11 weeks since my last camping trip and I almost went into the cold sweats!! Now my 11 year old grandson and I are heading over to the Newport area to spend some quality seafood eating time during his spring break. We are going to a glass blowing class and eating lots and lots of Moe's chowder. Also crabbing and some shore fishing might be on the list.
My husband can't come this time so it's just kiddo and me. I know I can pull and set up the TT by myself (did the popup all by myself for years) but the connecting might be a little more challenging. I'm sure my grandson will be a help there. He's a whizz at helping with spotting and setup too!
My grandson is excited because in the new TT, the dinette area bed is 100% his so we has lots of room to sprawl out and he can watch TV from his bed too!!
Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and spring break next week!
Happy camping!!
Julie (and Don)
dandjh1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:51 AM   #2
Ken / Claudia

Enjoy your trip. We like to stay at the state park at South Beach, off season only and have been about the only ones there.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 02:59 PM   #3
raytronx

Have a great time, love the Oregon Coast! It's our route home to Vancouver Island after snowbird season. Great to meander up the 101. Coming down last Nov. we had a great seafood feed in Newport and saw the Sea Lions on the docks.

Ray

2011 Keystone Cougar 276RLSWE
1994 Ford F350 7.3L IDI DRW

LoveYourRV.com
raytronx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:01 PM   #4
warsw

Sounds like you have planned a fun time. I love the Newport area. My favorite on the Oregon coast. Lots to do and some great places to eat.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:11 PM   #5
warsw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken / Claudia View Post
Enjoy your trip. We like to stay at the state park at South Beach, off season only and have been about the only ones there.
Hi Ken, I noticed you live in Gladstone. I grew up in Gladstone and my parents lived there from 1954 to 2003. A great little town with a lot of good memories.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:17 AM   #6
dandjh1958

I just got back from Beverly Beach campground. It was great. Sunny but cold.
The only issue I had with the trailer was that since I didn't winterize it and we got a very cold spell back in February, the water valve on the toilet froze and cracked. No big deal, I just capped the water supply and ordered another valve while still at the campground. I arrived home today and the water valve was waiting for me in the mail (thank you Amazon!!)

Since I'm playing with the toilet, I will also modify it by adding a sprayer hose offshoot.

I'm pretty lucky nothing else broke but next winter, I'm going to winterize after we get done with our Christmas/New Year trip.... or maybe I should just camp until spring hits.
Now we are off to Florida for a week. Too bad we are flying and staying in a condo... I'd love to camp in the area
Happy camping to all!
Julie (and Don)
dandjh1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:11 PM   #7
Onthemove

We stayed at Beverly Beach two weeks ago, that is a nice park, and we stayed 4 days there. Wife and I just got back from Washburne State Park and the weather was great, we stayed 5 days. We are planning on going back to Beverly Beach after Easter week end.

2012 Toyota Tundra DC 5.7 - V8
2012 Keystone Cougar 25RLSWE - 30'
Onthemove is offline   Reply With Quote