Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 09-23-2013, 04:33 PM   #1
shiggs68

First experience with CornerStone

On our trip to Mt. Rushmore S.D. with our year old Montana 3750FL the black tank valve handle pulled but the valve did not open and the handle would not go back in. To make a long story short, a Mobil Repair guy removed the Valve and reconnected the cable and cleaned the Valve. Everything has worked fine since.

I turned his bill into our Extended Warranty expecting reimbursement for the $200+ effort. Today, I received a call from CornerStone stating that since the part was not defective or replaced, they have denied the claim.

I explained that what they are saying does not make sense. Since the Valve did not function correctly, their definition was that it was not defective. Additional, the Mobil Repair guy saved them the cost of a new Valve by repairing the original one. They still refused to accept the claim.

To this, I say "Always make sure parts are replaced even if not needed"!

Owners of CornerStone Extended Warranty beware....
shiggs68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 08:05 PM   #2
theeyres

It is typical of all extended warranties--or even the included new warranties--that unless you get prior approval they will find a way of denying the claim. You just cannot get a repair done, submit the claim, and have them accept it. Just the way it is--right or wrong: any company, and warranty.

Their business is keeping as much money as they can, not paying your claims.

2007 33.5' Arctic Fox Fifth Wheel used for full-timing for several years--now sold
2011 Hideout 23RKSWE that we now use for poking around local parks
2007 Chevy 3/4 ton diesel with Prodigy Brake Control
theeyres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:06 AM   #3
shiggs68

Earl, I guess I left out the fact that we attempted to get the pre-approval. Cell phone in that area was none at best. We drove 10 miles to call CornerStone and explained that the repair guy could not call. They placed that on record.

Long and short, CornerStone agreed to the pre-approval but since no parts were replaced, the part was not defective in their eyes.

As you have stated, they are in business to made money not spend it. I'm just saying, if you have a situation, make sure parts are replaced!
shiggs68 is offline   Reply With Quote