Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 01-28-2013, 03:55 PM   #1
amosher13

Oven Pilot will light but the main burner no longer does

Hello again,

Another issue, when we first borrowed this RV just a couple months ago the oven worked fine, albeit we had to light the pilot manually with a grill lighter. But then it would light the main burner when turning to a temp just fine.

All of a sudden this no longer happens. You can still get the pilot to light when holding the knob in, but when you turn it to a temp it goes out. If I turn it slow enough, I can get it to light the main burner, but I'm still holding the knob in. Either letting off the knob or turning all the way to a temp, all flames go out.

I've read http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/sho...+won%27t+light which is similar, not the same. Do we think this might be either the pilot or main thermocouple and is that easy for me to replace (moderately handy) or something else maybe?

Yes I have LP, everything else works and the main burner will stay on as long as I hold the knob in and in the sweet spot. Thanks again all.

edit: its the Wedgewood Vision, not sure of the exact model number (RV is 29GR)
amosher13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:09 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

It's the thermocouple. It may not be bad, but may have a carbon buildup on it which insulates it and keeps it from sensing the flame to keep the pilot lit. Try cleaning it with some emery cloth, that may work for you. If not, then take it out and go buy another with the same threads and you're back in business. Man you're having all sorts of issues with that thing. Maybe the owner "loaned" it to you hoping you'd rehab it for him

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:00 PM   #3
Festus2
Site Team

amosher13 -
I'm also thinking that it is most likely a thermocouple and; like JRTJH wondering how it is possible for one person to have so much trouble in such a short time! Yikes! You seem to be jumping from problem to problem with little rest in between. There can't be many issues left for you to solve.

Hopefully, we won't be hearing from you anytime soon. If we don't, it should mean that everything seems to be working - and that is good!
Old 01-28-2013, 07:24 PM   #4
tanman32225

I had the same thing happen to me recently with my gas fireplace. The pilot would light but not stay lit. I took a can of carburetor cleaner and hosed it down. I let it air out and dry well. When I tried again it worked like a charm. Be careful if you go down my route carb cleaner is flammable.
tanman32225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:35 AM   #5
amosher13

sounds good all, thanks for the input and i'll give it a shot, haven't had time yet. yes i agree, issues are popping up left and right, lol. also hoping i've fixed everything that is going to break before i move out
amosher13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:56 AM   #6
hankpage
Site Team

If you have no luck, try Ask an Atwood tech on-line and you should get the info you need. Travel safely, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote