Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 09-02-2010, 12:29 PM   #1
phicks1065

Unhappy 2009 Cougar X lite 29RLS problems

I do not know if anyone else has had this problem with thier trailer. Where the front of the trailer curves up to meet the roof. Off to both sides where the trim is and the roof drain is, there is seperation from the sides to the roof. I have only made 1 long trip (7 days) in the trailer. I do not think there is a recall (Does anyone know how to start a recall?) on this problem and I am pretty sure that it is not covered under extended warranty as this is not frame it is structure. Please give me some advice or opinions. Anything at this point would be a plus since Keystone has not even replied to an email.
phicks1065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 01:41 AM   #2
manley

I had the EXACT same problem. It is a manufacturing defect, the "front" (side to side) of the camper was not wide enough to come to the sidewall. Travel Country RV Center, in Lake Park, GA, was my dealer and fought to get it repaired. I originally thought that it was water damage, but fortunately caught it just before any water could intrude. See this thread on rv.net for more details on my issues and the resolution:
clicky
manley is offline   Reply With Quote